Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Normal for back to only have rubber weather seal on just one of the screws for Audio Doorbell?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FuzzyWolf
Star
Star

Hey guys,

I just got an arlo audio doorbell and was wonder if it’s normal for the back where you screw it into the wall to only have like a rubber weather seal like things on just one of the screws? Because mine only had them on and seemed like its suppose to have two.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FuzzyWolf wrote:
Nope theyre like grey o-rings

Ok.  I just checked my doorbell, and it has two.

I suggest exchanging it with the seller.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FuzzyWolf wrote:

I just got an arlo audio doorbell and was wonder if it’s normal for the back where you screw it into the wall to only have like a rubber weather seal like things on just one of the screws? Because mine only had them on and seemed like its suppose to have two.

Do you mean the anchors shown on page 4 here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloAudioDoorbell/arlo-doorbell-installguide.pdf ?

They aren't weather seals.  You'd only need them if you are installing the doorbell into wallboard, concrete, or brick.

FuzzyWolf
Star
Star
Nope theyre like grey o-rings rubbery kinda things that is on the hole that the screw go through on the backplate that you screw into the wall.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FuzzyWolf wrote:
Nope theyre like grey o-rings

Ok.  I just checked my doorbell, and it has two.

I suggest exchanging it with the seller.

FuzzyWolf
Star
Star
Thank you very much for your help! I’ll contact amazon for a replacement.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation