Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
jordanjd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got the Arlo audio doorbell and it is not detecting motion even in the armed mode. I have tried removing it and re-adding it. I have tried to re-sync it. But the motion detection symbol in the app is always grayed out even in the away mode. I have motion triggered alerts turned on but I’m not getting any notifications. See attached pictures. How do I get it to detect motion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reset the camera & test again? You can perform a reset by pressing the small button between the batteries for 10 sec.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jordanjd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I couldn’t get the screenshots to upload but you can see them on my public album

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reset the camera & test again? You can perform a reset by pressing the small button between the batteries for 10 sec.

jjoliver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, under the eaves of my house. Using the latest version of iOS. You never told me the firmware version, so why should I tell you? Sheesh! Your devices have internet access, you already know these things,

The issue is that after the last client update, I no longer get events from the cameras. I know you will tell me that I don’t know how to set up zones, but I actually do, and they worked for awhile, but not now. And I know you will tell me that I don’t know how to enable events in iOS’ but...yes I know how to do that too. I don’t have the source code for either the operating system or your device (although I suspect it is a version of Linux), so...I, as a last resort, ask for your assistance.

kuperson
Tutor
Tutor

This happens to my Arlo Pro with EVERY update from netgear - Mid Dec and again last night (Jan 8).  The camera vanishes from my app as if not even connected and the email notificaction settings are erased.  I found that the camera reset button does nothing to remedy it, but taking the battery out of the camera for 30 seconds works for me.

VERY ANNOYING!!

sbraun2815
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for suggesting to take out the battery and put it back in.   That worked for my camera as well that was not detecting motion,  I tried to 'live chat'; and email without success.   I then called 3 times and every time after selecting the prompts, someone would answer and then hang up after I started talking.  VERY ANNOYING indeed!

kuperson
Tutor
Tutor

I've trained my family to look at the green lights on the base station.  When only 2 of the three are lit, we know the camera is out to lunch (maybe like the Arlo support staff?)

sbraun2815
Tutor
Tutor

Good point ! 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation