Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Stynieboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Just recently my front door camera willl not sync with my phone when the doorbell is pressed. I can watch the live video from my phone no problem but when the doorbell is pressed my phone will just notify me when someone presses it but I cannot talk to them or see them. Any ideas why this would have suddenly stopped working as I have not changed anything?

Thank you in advance for any help

18 REPLIES 18
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stynieboy,

What exactly are you seeing when the doorbell is pressed? Are you able to accept the call or does no call come through at all?

Check your doorbell settings and make sure silent mode is not enabled.

JamesC

Stynieboy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. Silent mode is off on the doorbell. I get a notification on my phone saying someone has pressed the doorbell but that's it. I can't see them ( unless I go into the app and go live) but can't speak to them. It's really frustrating. I've tried resyncing my phone and the doorbell. Looked through forums but can't find the problem. It just stopped working overnight and I haven't changed anything 😕
Thank you
PGADave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was there a resolution shared for this issue: When the video doorbell is pressed it rings to my phone but I'm unable to see the video feed (live feed video and getting motion notifications are no problem). Any help out there please??

PGADave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James C. 

Was there more resolution dialogue from you on this issue posted elsewhere which you could share please:  When the video doorbell is pressed it rings to my phone but I'm unable to see the video feed and/or speak with the person at the door (my live feed video and getting motion notifications to my phone are no problem). Any help is appreciated. 

Stynieboy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
No response at all.. It's driving me mad.. I reset everything and it works for a couple of days then no response at all again. I also don't get anything in the library. I spent around £400 on this set up and it's an absolute pile of rubbish. Thank you
RichWest
Tutor
Tutor

exact same problem here.

I chatted with support online.

They told me to uninstall the app on my phone (IOS) and reinstall..

That didn't fix it.

You NEED to create a support ticket.

Stynieboy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried my doorbell this morning.. Doorbell works but that's it.. No cameras or library syncing with it.. Just pure waste of money and utter trash. Not sure how to set up a support ticket but will look when I finish work. Thank you
Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here, no video from the camera that is linked.

Stynieboy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep..i created a support ticket but no-one bothered to reply. I've tried everything I can think of. I get no library videos either so unless I sit and watch them live 24 hours a day they are completely useless..I've resigned to buying another brand as I'm really fed up at trying to sort this useless brand out. Absolute rubbish
Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

I get the recordings in the library but 9 times out of 10 the person has gone already.  Also the camera linked to the doorbell records fine on it’s own recording but the recording from same camera but associated to the doorbell call is very blocky and jerky,

Still doesn’t help with fact the video doesn’t play at all in the call.

Stynieboy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yours are doing better than mine then..when I reset everything, resynced it all and put new batteries in ( even though they showing as having over half left ) it worked for one day..then the camera stopped syncing with the doorbell..then the library stopped. Now I'm left with a doorbell that notifies me when it's pressed so if I'm really quick I can see who's there by going live...but can't speak to them so its completely pointless. Really wish I'd just bought a Ring doorbell instead. Would have saved over £300 and everyone says they actually work
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I just let the camera record on its own. It will pick up motion well before the doorbell is pressed.

Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah my camera records anyway and is ok.  Just stupid that the doorbell call doesn’t show it.

Stynieboy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
Mine don't record anything so its pointless 😕
Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Personally, I get the option to accept/reject the audio call but the video never comes up from the linked camera.

Stynieboy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
It seems to me now that it works as long as the battery level is above 90%. Once the battery goes below this level nothing works again...just a useless set up
Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine are solar powered and always in high 90’s-100%. Video call still never works
Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Gave up on mine, so slow to ring after the caller presses it and then no video on the call from the linked camera.  Have replaced it with a Eufy video doorbell and it works quick and reliably.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation