This is kind of annoying that something like that would need to happen after an update.
Arlo, please test your updates fully before sending them out.
I hope the doorbell can now work with the motion setting of “until activity stops”, as when that setting is on it records 5 minutes everytime. This feature has never worked with the doorbell since day one. I had a support ticket done on it months ago and was told I would be contacted when it is fixed, no fix for that yet I’m assuming?
I tried reinstalling again twice, still can’t get it to work again.
Once again, this worked flawlessly until the update last week....
It did originally work for months...
I tried reinstalling it twice today, no luck.
I hate forced updates from arlo, they always break things. Need to have the option to opt out of updates when everything is working fine.
Back to square one again...
My doorbell worked for months until the last update.
My setting is on setting "2", and my traditional chime will not work anymore. It doesn't even show as an option in the iOS app, but the browser login for arlo shows tradtitional chime "disconnected".
I tried removing the device from the system and re-installing it multiple times today, still not working with the tradtional chime again.
As soon as I hard reset both the doorbell and chime and added them both back to my account - everything has been stable for 2 days now. Before my doorbell would disconnect and my chime could not see the doorbell after 2-3 hours of adding them back. I’m hoping I resolved that issue of the doorbell, chime, and front camera losing pairing from one another.
Yes all settings were tried again, although it was working for months on setting 2 already, it just hasn’t worked in the past week all of a sudden, coincidentally with the app update...
This arlo status seems to be the status of their back end server systems. Doesn’t seem to be anything related to app issues at our individual systems. We be all had issues with our systems. I’ve had a ticket open for months.
Logged in this morning and see this ONCE AGAIN (see picture).... same thing as before - doorbell cannot even be found on the system with by the chime - but both devices show up in my devices list on the iPhone app or web app.
I think my doorbell may be defective... I haven’t seen anyone else complain if this.
I may not wast anymore time on arlo, this is ridiculous, it shouldn’t stop working and be such a pain to get going again.
I am pretty familiar with how to set it up, and it doesn’t set up correctly.
Just piling on here and praying for a miracle solution, here's my story:
- no problem pairing the ARLO doorbell to my base station and one of my cameras, good start
- the ARLO doorbell rings to my phone with good audio, so everything seemed fine at this point
- when I hooked it up to use my existing home doorbell chime I got the buzzing issue
- tried all known/posted fixes for buzzing/humming sound to no avail
- traditional chime not showing up in app and not editable via the website
- went to Best Buy and bought an ARLO chime, seemed like an easy solution, but it would not pair with my base station after 2 hours of resets, etc, so I returned it
- had an electrician out to rewire my home doorbell system (40 years old) and check transformer voltage (sitting at 15.7v)
- electrician spent 3+ hours trying every imaginable fix & options for settings, no luck
- we then installed a brand new Hampton Bay digital chime, which also would not work with the ARLO, so I returned that
- the electrician knocked an hour off his charges since he felt bad for such an epic fail, but not his fault and at least I know the electrical system is rewired, intact and working properly
Thus I am about $400 in so far for the ARLO doorbell and for the electrician, plus about 15 hours of my time, and still not working. Hugely frustrating.
I wish they would just acknowledge there is a problem and let me know they are working on a fix.
The option to setup the traditional doorbell is completely gone in the app after the doorbell is installed. And on a browser only is says traditional chime “disconnected”... with no option of changing this.
I may have to take down my arlo doorbell and put my old doorbell back up so I can at least know when someone is at the door...🙄
I contacted them to. They Said they would look into it and sent me an email with an update on trhe problem
so far ive had nothing. The Doorbell is completely useless unless im in the house with my phone cause theres no other notification apart from the phone.
I will keep you posted if that happens.
Just got all the cameras and the doorbell camera set up went great however I Just installed the Arlo Doorbell into existing wiring to use existing chime . It won’t trigger the bell in the house in position 2. In position 1 and 3 it causes a buzz in the exsisting bell like the doorbell button is being held down and won’t trigger the bell. Only trigger my phones and camera . How do I fix this ?