Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jharj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried setting up the Arlo Doorbell to my existing connections.  Like other users have stated, there's a constant buzzing on 1 and 3 with nothing on 2.  The solutions I've seen on here indicate a Traditional Chime toggle switch in the settings for the doorbell, which I do not have on my app. 

Under customize, I only have the Silent Mode option.  When that is active I get the Incoming Call option. 

Nothing I do brings up the Traditional Chime option. 

If I enter the device settings, the first section only has Battery, Connected To, and Device info.  No Traditional Chime option there either. 

Is there something I'm missing?

155 REPLIES 155
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Had to completely remove my doorbell physically and from the app. Then reinstall it fully. It’s working now.

This is kind of annoying that something like that would need to happen after an update.

Arlo, please test your updates fully before sending them out.

I hope the doorbell can now work with the motion setting of “until activity stops”, as when that setting is on it records 5 minutes everytime. This feature has never worked with the doorbell since day one. I had a support ticket done on it months ago and was told I would be contacted when it is fixed, no fix for that yet I’m assuming?
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Soooo, I noticed that my traditional chime on my doorbell no longer works after setting it all up again. The camera is paired and the call works, but no traditional chime anymore.

I tried reinstalling again twice, still can’t get it to work again.

Once again, this worked flawlessly until the update last week....
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
My traditional chime settings seemed to have disappeared with the latest update. My doorbell will not ring anymore.

It did originally work for months...

I tried reinstalling it twice today, no luck.

I hate forced updates from arlo, they always break things. Need to have the option to opt out of updates when everything is working fine.
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary

Back to square one again...

My doorbell worked for months until the last update. 

My setting is on setting "2", and my traditional chime will not work anymore. It doesn't even show as an option in the iOS app, but the browser login for arlo shows tradtitional chime "disconnected".

I tried removing the device from the system and re-installing it multiple times today, still not working with the tradtional chime again.

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Mine is stuck in the “disconnected” mode as well.

It was working up until last week without issue, not the traditional chime won’t work.
kuky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. The traditional chime is shown as "disconnected" on web portal and not showing up in the app at all. Have done multiple times of reset/setup, the same thing.

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo, maybe you should acknowledge this problem and put it on the “arlo status” page so we can be assured it will be fixed....
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo, maybe you should acknowledge this problem and put it on the “arlo status” page so we can be assured it will be fixed....
SteveArnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

Where is this “arlo status” page?

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Try this - remove your doorbell and the chime from your profile.... press and hold the sync button inside the doorbell while the batteries are in it for 10 seconds to completely hard reset the device - the ring light will blink rapidly after this is complete. So the same for the chime - press and hold sync and wait for the rapid blinking on the LED... until recently I’d never tried it / but it appears the chime can be hard reset as well but apparently it can.

As soon as I hard reset both the doorbell and chime and added them both back to my account - everything has been stable for 2 days now. Before my doorbell would disconnect and my chime could not see the doorbell after 2-3 hours of adding them back. I’m hoping I resolved that issue of the doorbell, chime, and front camera losing pairing from one another.
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
That procedure does not work for the traditional chime....
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Oh my bad I misread your post! And I assume you have tried all 3 physical switch settings in the back of the doorbell?
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary

Yes all settings were tried again, although it was working for months on setting 2 already, it just hasn’t worked in the past week all of a sudden, coincidentally with the app update...

SteveArnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

This arlo status seems to be the status of their back end server systems.   Doesn’t seem to be anything related to app issues at our individual systems.  We be all had issues with our systems.    I’ve had a ticket open for months.  

Jason44
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi

I’m having the same problem was working fine till last update. You had any look fixing this ?
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Nope nothing. Tried a bunch of times...
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Good grief the BS never ends!! Just when I thought everything was working fine after removing all devises and completely resetting, reinstalling, and readding everything 2 days ago (a 2 hour process) - I thought I finally fixed the issue of my doorbell, front door Pro 2, and chime randomly losing pairing from one another..... NOPE

Logged in this morning and see this ONCE AGAIN (see picture).... same thing as before - doorbell cannot even be found on the system with by the chime - but both devices show up in my devices list on the iPhone app or web app.

I think my doorbell may be defective... I haven’t seen anyone else complain if this.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mjbeuke

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
No time to yet.

I may not wast anymore time on arlo, this is ridiculous, it shouldn’t stop working and be such a pain to get going again.

I am pretty familiar with how to set it up, and it doesn’t set up correctly.
don30188
Initiate
Initiate

Just piling on here and praying for a miracle solution, here's my story:

- no problem pairing the ARLO doorbell to my base station and one of my cameras, good start

- the ARLO doorbell rings to my phone with good audio, so everything seemed fine at this point

But then:

- when I hooked it up to use my existing home doorbell chime I got the buzzing issue

- tried all known/posted fixes for buzzing/humming sound to no avail

- traditional chime not showing up in app and not editable via the website

- went to Best Buy and bought an ARLO chime, seemed like an easy solution, but it would not pair with my base station after 2 hours of resets, etc, so I returned it

- had an electrician out to rewire my home doorbell system (40 years old) and check transformer voltage (sitting at 15.7v)

- electrician spent 3+ hours trying every imaginable fix & options for settings, no luck

- we then installed a brand new Hampton Bay digital chime, which also would not work with the ARLO, so I returned that

- the electrician knocked an hour off his charges since he felt bad for such an epic fail, but not his fault and at least I know the electrical system is rewired, intact and working properly

Thus I am about $400 in so far for the ARLO doorbell and for the electrician, plus about 15 hours of my time, and still not working.   Hugely frustrating.

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
So I contacted support about this. They weren’t able to help me get it fixed and told me they were going to look into it and get back to me.

I wish they would just acknowledge there is a problem and let me know they are working on a fix.

The option to setup the traditional doorbell is completely gone in the app after the doorbell is installed. And on a browser only is says traditional chime “disconnected”... with no option of changing this.

I may have to take down my arlo doorbell and put my old doorbell back up so I can at least know when someone is at the door...🙄
Jason44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted them to. They Said they would look into it and sent me an email with an update on trhe problem

so far ive had nothing. The Doorbell is completely useless unless im in the house with my phone cause theres  no other notification apart from the phone.

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo level 2 support called me today to let me know they acknowledge the problem and are working on it. They said they will contact me when the issue is fixed.

I will keep you posted if that happens.
Moto286
Guide
Guide

Just got all the cameras and the doorbell camera set up went great however I  Just installed the Arlo Doorbell into  existing wiring to use existing chime . It won’t trigger the bell in the house in position 2. In position 1 and 3 it causes a buzz in the exsisting bell like the doorbell button is being held down and won’t trigger the bell. Only trigger  my phones and camera . How do I fix this ?