Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jordanjd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there a way to have the doorbell only alert/send a push notification to the phone when the Arlo System is set to armed? It’s our front door so I don’t want it to push notify when we’re home but I don’t want to it to alert me when we’re home because we come in and out frequently. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Master
Master

@jordanjd wrote:
Is there a way to have the doorbell only alert/send a push notification to the phone when the Arlo System is set to armed?

What "function" of the Doorbell are you referencing?

• Doorbell button pressed ... and you don't want the Doorbell call (resp. under some conditions [mobile device battery low?] just a notification)?
  • Doorbell motion detection?
  • Secondary push button action after the "Press button again to leave a message"? 

@jordanjd wrote:
It’s our front door so I don’t want it to push notify when we’re home but I don’t want to it to alert me when we’re home because we come in and out frequently. Thanks!

When disarmed, there are no motion triggered notifications or actions - neither by the Audio Doorbell not by the associated HD Camera. 

If you still get motion triggered notifications (and recordings, depends on the settings) while the system is disarmed, you might have Geofencing (or some custom mode) in use check e.g. Mode -> Geofencing -> Select Mode: Home Mode is set to Disarmed (or to an appropriate Schedule).

Only the doorbell button press can trigger the chime, but also always trigger a notification and/or the audio doorbell video phone, regardless of the system (or partial system, the Base Station the Doorbell is connected to) armed/disarmed status.

@jguerdat wrote:

Use the Motion Settings for the doorbell. Select Do Nothing but enable notifications.

This would disable things regardless of the armed or disarmed state IMHO.

---
Please click on thumbs up if this answer was useful - thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Motion Settings for the doorbell. Select Do Nothing but enable notifications.

schumaku
Master
Master

@jordanjd wrote:
Is there a way to have the doorbell only alert/send a push notification to the phone when the Arlo System is set to armed?

What "function" of the Doorbell are you referencing?

• Doorbell button pressed ... and you don't want the Doorbell call (resp. under some conditions [mobile device battery low?] just a notification)?
  • Doorbell motion detection?
  • Secondary push button action after the "Press button again to leave a message"? 

@jordanjd wrote:
It’s our front door so I don’t want it to push notify when we’re home but I don’t want to it to alert me when we’re home because we come in and out frequently. Thanks!

When disarmed, there are no motion triggered notifications or actions - neither by the Audio Doorbell not by the associated HD Camera. 

If you still get motion triggered notifications (and recordings, depends on the settings) while the system is disarmed, you might have Geofencing (or some custom mode) in use check e.g. Mode -> Geofencing -> Select Mode: Home Mode is set to Disarmed (or to an appropriate Schedule).

Only the doorbell button press can trigger the chime, but also always trigger a notification and/or the audio doorbell video phone, regardless of the system (or partial system, the Base Station the Doorbell is connected to) armed/disarmed status.

@jguerdat wrote:

This would disable things regardless of the armed or disarmed state IMHO.

---
Please click on thumbs up if this answer was useful - thank you!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, it simply disables recordings. without at least a notification set, you can't even save the rule since it would basically be the same as the Disarmed mode.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation