Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
timpharrison
Star
Star

Since updating to iOS 13 my doorbell does not call my iPhone (or that of my wife's).

I have followed guidance under a similar thread, to no avail:

- Reset Arlo base station

- Removed and reinstalled Arlo doorbell

- Removed and reinstalled iOS Arlo application

Any ideas before I try to return this to the manufacturer?  It really is very poor that the app upgrade was released without this being resolved.

207 REPLIES 207
garethkendall19
Tutor
Tutor
That's great for IOS but what about Android? I've had issues for months but now I get no call just a notification saying someone pushed your doorbell.

Any update for Android?
timpharrison
Star
Star
Indeed it is frustrating, particularly given I reported this issue whilst iOS13 was still in public beta!
Talktotone
Apprentice
Apprentice
@ShayneS thank you for finally admitting that a problem exists on your end with the doorbell. Piece of advice, rather than ignoring this forum for weeks on end and pissing a lot of users off. May I suggest you proactively post updates that you are investigating issues. Also as many users have pointed out this issue was first discovered when iOS 13 was in beta. Clearly your dev team aren’t members. May I also suggest you test your product prior to release. iOS is updated every year at about the same time. So it should not be a surprise. Also one final point your tier 1 support is worse than useless. They clearly work from scripts. Ie reset uninstall reinstall reset again most users here try that in the first instance. Goes back to my original point. Listen to and inform your customers. It’s not hard.
bscooper0
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS it is also the exact same scenario with android 10 at least. Surely you shouldnt be having the same difficulties fixing the android bugs.

Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS Thank you for FINALLY providing a detailed response. Not too sure why your app wasn't tested properly when iOS 13 was in Beta. What about Android? We all have the exact same issue. 

DualQuad
Guide
Guide

Thank you ShayneS  for your response, but this is unacceptable to all of us.  Arlo prides themselves as a premier product especially with its price and for it to have a lapse in coverage, support, and uptime makes no sense to all of us.  

Do you NOT get the iOS betas that were released all summer long since WWDC!?  I can't imagine you don't when it's open to the public for testing.

Please use us for real world testing!  You cannot have a system down for so long like geofencing, doorbells not ringing, and pizlixations on video.

You are telling me, ONLY NOW you found out iOS 13 changes the way how SIP handles calls!?  I have been playing with iOS 13 since it was release as a beta and I am just a standard user and you are a HUGE company.

Arlo needs to be PROACTIVE and not REACTIVE.

Tell the Arlo team, they need to rethink their strategy for support.

Do not reply to us unless you are going to tell us this is fixed.

Have a kind day.

@ShayneS wrote:

Thank you for inquiring. Our team is aware of the issue where pressing the Arlo Audio Doorbell does not ring iOS devices that are using iOS 13. With the new iOS 13 update, Apple changed the way SIP calls are handled and, as a result, Arlo Audio Doorbell calls no longer connect to iOS devices when the Arlo app is running in the background. We know how frustrating this is, and our developers are working to get expedited approval from Apple so that we may deploy an update to the Arlo app as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue.

Dazjo1
Aspirant
Aspirant
hi all my audio doorbell has stopped working all I get is a message saying somebody pressed the doorbell I cannot answer it as the normal page which is shown to answer or reject does not appear and the only way to get rid off the someone has pressed the doorbell message is to go into the app settings and turn notifications on and off I have tried everything including new batteries resetting to factory and resetting the base stn to factory I have uninstalled the app reinstalled the app also spoke to arlo who were no use can anybody help
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Very well stated DualQuad. You are 100% on the mark. Can you imagine where a company such as Apple would be today if they ran things like Arlo is doing? They would still be manufacturing out of a garage at home!

speakinechos
Star
Star

I am also having this problem on my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone running Android version 9.  Yes, I am running the most up to date App as well.

speakinechos
Star
Star

I just noticed my post regarding this that I made separately from this thread has been added to this thread as well...looks like Arlo knows there is a similar problem with Android phones...hopefully the fix they use for iOS works for Android too.

speakinechos
Star
Star

I am having the same problem...as is EVERYONE else.  there is another thread that is specific to iOS but it also includes posts from people with Android and Arlo has admitted there is a problem they are working on fixing.  Here is their most recent post:

"Thank you for inquiring. Our team is aware of the issue where pressing the Arlo Audio Doorbell does not ring iOS devices that are using iOS 13. With the new iOS 13 update, Apple changed the way SIP calls are handled and, as a result, Arlo Audio Doorbell calls no longer connect to iOS devices when the Arlo app is running in the background. We know how frustrating this is, and our developers are working to get expedited approval from Apple so that we may deploy an update to the Arlo app as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue."

TNMasterplan
Tutor
Tutor

This is ridiculous - I've worked in IT over 25yrs and this should have been resolved ahead of the iOS update. This should be escalated to Senior Leadership! Not only does the Doorbell not ring iOS devices, when using the APP and you turn Silent Mode off, it then turns Incoming Calls Off - You now cannot have Incoming Calls On and Silent Mode Off - SMH to Arlo

James_K
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I have had my Arlo setup since May with 4 x Arlo Ultra cameras and the audio doorbell which I only just installed yesterday. Since migrating to the new app last month and several reboots, delete app and re-install, etc, etc, I did one last final delete everything and start again this morning and to my surprise it is currently working as intended, including the doorbell calling my Apple iPhone XS running iOS 13.1.3.

Just thought this info may help with this current and frustrating issue..

BGTSNZ
Tutor
Tutor

Yes just tried mine and all alerts are working fine. Thanks ARLO.

Add3
Guide
Guide
It appears that the doorbell calling feature is working again! The only problem now is that the speaker on the doorbell is not loud enough. People literally have to be centimeters away from the speaker in order to hear me. I wonder if the Arlo video doorbell will be better?
Talktotone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok so maybe early days but the doorbell rang my phone for the first time today since purchasing the unit a few weeks ago. Will keep monitoring though. iOS 13.2 will be out next week so no doubt it will break 

speakinechos
Star
Star

I tested my doorbell this morning three times.  The first time nothing happened other than the traditional chime inside the house rang, no notifications or anything.  I waited a minute and tried again, this time it worked perfectly.  I walked away and came back a third time a few minutes later and pushed the doorbell again.  Worked perfectly again.  Not sure why it didn't do anything the first time but other than that minor hiccup it seems to be working now.  Thank you for fixing the problem Arlo.

Dannyc1011
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Arlo moderator.   I can confirm. I have been having same issues for weeks

TJay64
Tutor
Tutor

Still no resolution, somehow the doorbell had become disconnected from the base station, after reconnecting by Arlo instructions, the same issue is apparent. Unable to activate calls to phone without the silent mode feature defaulting to “on” and overriding the options for chime and call to phone. I am seriously considering alternative products. The doorbell has never worked properly with the “activate camera” mode only creating an image of green lines when the camera otherwise works perfectly. The lag for conversations makes communication with any person at the doorbell almost comical, and this is on super fast wifi with full strength signal. Very happy with the operation of the cameras, but the doorbell (which was a bonus deal when buying the cameras) is about to end up in the bin.

bscooper0
Guide
Guide
Mine worked for the first time in weeks this morning, but now won't work again. Come on guys sort it out!
NikAus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has anyone tried the latest Arlo IOS app that has just been released to see if any of these issues have been fixed? It seems to still have the wrong logic in the doorbell settings where silent mode gets incorrectly applied. Maybe Arlo released this new version prematurely before they properly addressed all the issues in this discussion. I also wonder if some of the issues we are experiencing are on their server end rather than in the app. What a waste of money this system is.
Talktotone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ive just downloaded the app today and everything seems to be running as designed. Fingers crossed it stays this way now

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

For those of you using iOS, We have released the latest version of the iOS Mobile App Version (2.10.). You may download this update to fix the issue with the Arlo Audio Doorbell not ringing your phone when the button is pressed. 

For users on Android, are you still experiencing this issue with your Doorbell not calling your phone?

pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
This seemed to have fixed the issue ill keep testing and monitoring over the next few days!
Dannyc1011
Aspirant
Aspirant

still no doorbell working with the new software update.  this is a joke