Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
timpharrison
Star
Star

Since updating to iOS 13 my doorbell does not call my iPhone (or that of my wife's).

I have followed guidance under a similar thread, to no avail:

- Reset Arlo base station

- Removed and reinstalled Arlo doorbell

- Removed and reinstalled iOS Arlo application

Any ideas before I try to return this to the manufacturer?  It really is very poor that the app upgrade was released without this being resolved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
oscwes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still have no problems with the bell, it works flawlessly for me now.

View solution in original post

207 REPLIES 207
DaveH85
Tutor
Tutor
I'm having an issue with my Arlo doorbell where it only sometimes calls my phone. There's no logic or reasoning I can see as to why it sometimes rings my phone and why other times it doesn't. I always receive a notification that the doorbell has been pressed and the Arlo chime sounds, but I'd estimate that only half of the time my phone actually rings. I have a Pixel 3 phone and have the latest Android app. The doorbell firmware is 1.2.00_309_283 and hardware is 1.3. Has anyone got any suggestions please?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't seem to be having a problem here on a Pixel 2, Pixel 3 XL and Galaxy Tab S3. Start by rebooting the base and your phone. Consider a reinstall of the app.

DaveH85
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks. I've done all of that, but it still doesn't ring each time. For example, a few hours ago, my phone rang when someone pressed the doorbell. However, just now, and with no change to anything, the doorbell was pressed and my phone didn't ring. Very frustrating.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you using the new Arlo app version 2.8.1?

Did this issue occur after downloading the new Arlo app?

DaveH85
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I'm using the new app. I've deleted and reinstalled too just in case.

No, the issue was happening before the new app too. There were times when the doorbell would be pressed and the phone wouldn't ring. 

I've since deleted the doorbell and reinstalled it. This seems to ring my phone more frequently (not 100% of the time though I should say), but doing so has created another issue - the Arlo Chime has stopped working. The doorbell is pressed and the chime does nothing. I've done everything (deleting, reinstalling, pairing etc) but the doorbell just won't activate the chime. Judging by the form, I'm not alone in this issue either.

What's the point of a smart doorbell if it (a) doesn't call your phone when it's supposed to, or (b) doesn't activiate the chime in the house. *sighs*

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DaveH85

Do you mind providing any links to the threads you have viewed regarding this issue. 

Also, does this occur on Wifi or mobile data?

DaveH85
Tutor
Tutor
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DaveH85

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Webo2000
Star
Star
Same issue here. Works once in every 10 or so attempts. Are arlo going to fix this issue ?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What version of the Arlo app are you using & what version of iOS are you running on your device?

Leena0808
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo Door bell, its not calling on our phone anymore when pressed. We realised yesterday when a man was waiting 20mintues outside.
We having the same issue.
We tried reinstalling as well but now its not even connecting anymore.
Our app is updated with new arlo app since it was announced 2.9.1 released date 19 September 2019. Iphone ios is updated with 13.1.2
Please help us
Talktotone
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have just purchased a doorbell and chime. Door bell when depressed will make chime work, but does not call iPhone.

I am running IOS 13.1 and latest app. is this a known bug 

timpharrison
Star
Star
iOS: 13.1
App: 2.9.1

Please let us know if you can recreate this issue.
DDLNZ
Tutor
Tutor
Same problem here.

Arlo, could you take a look at it??
Webo2000
Star
Star
Hi.
I am using iPhone 8 on iOS 13.1.2 arlo app 2.9.1 (1134). I have deleted app from iPad (which was also doing same) I have deleted app and reinstalled on iPhone. I have changed batteries in doorbell. I have turned the base station off and back on. The only thing not yet tried is removing doorbell and reinstalling but based on some comments not sure I want to do this as may not reconnect. When you press the doorbell it rings the chime. It calls my phone 1 in about every 8 to 10 presses. It appears to work better if app is open but I don’t walk round all day with the arlo app open !!!i I have checked settings in phone and location services are on, background refresh on and mobile data on ! It has a strong signal and had worked well for some time. I recommend arlo to a work related person who got 5 cameras, base station and doorbell from amazon. He has newer round base station. His worked fine for about a week and now does the same. This issue appears to have just started to happen this week. I have ten cameras and subscribe to membership. All other products seem fine and working as normal. The other guy is running an older iPhone On an older iOS And the newest arlo app and as stated having the same issues. Can you please help sort this issue as the doorbell is essential for parcel delivery etc. ?? Many thanks
Pepetan68
Guide
Guide

Arlo doorbell doesn”t call my mobile device 

dpoon
Guide
Guide

I would like to add my name to this issue.  The Arlo doorbell will not call my phone when the doorbell button is pressed.  I have an iPhone X with the latest IOS (13.1.2) and the lastest Arlo app 2.9.1 (1134). 

Some of the actions that I have taken (some several times) are as follows:

1. Logged out of Arlo account and logged back in
  2. Ensured that I logged out of the Arlo app on my other devices, I.e. Ipad
  3. Deleted the doorbell from the base station and re-added
  4. Rebooted the base station
  5. Remove and reinstalled the Arlo app
  6. Removed chime
  7. Physically removed the doorbell and:
    • Changed batteries
    • Reset the doorbell to factory settings and reinstalled in the app
    • Returned the doorbell and obtain and reinstalled a replacement unit

I went to Arlo’s real-time status updates on Arlo services at https://status.arlo.com/ which shows that everything is good and there were no incidents reported.  How does one report this incident to Arlo?

On a somewhat related note, does anyone have any updated information on when or if an Arlo video door cam will be released?  I read a couple of news articles in April 2019 about this product, but I have been unable to find any recent news since then.

Thanks all.

Olandesini
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem also for me. iOS 13.1.2 and Arlo sw 2.91. Arlo pls, release an update

Add3
Guide
Guide
Same issue here! Please help! I have done all the steps that dpoon has done, but to no avail. It has been working so well up until recent. In fact, I did not realize I had an issue until was looking through my footage a few day ago and I saw a man ringing the door bell and I thought to myself I don’t remember this call ringing to my phone. And sure enough it didn’t. By the way, this was a very important call that I missed. It is so important that I received these calls when I am away from my house, hence the reason for my purchase of the door bell. Ever since I upgraded to iOS 13.1.2 and installed the new Arlo app 2.9.1, the door bell calling feature rarely works. Please make this function work again! Thank you so much!
Retired_Member
Not applicable
I’m running the latest version of the app, no firmware updates avail and most recent version of iOS
Doorbell rings the chime but not the iPhone.
pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue here.
Today i spent 2 hours with alro live chat support reseting all setting deleting amd reconnecting doorbell, app, users, and so on. The matter has been escalated further but no call back yet. ARLO can you fix this issue with ios 13 and bell not calling phones
WRD
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all, same problem as above, use to work and now stopped, running latest software for Arlo and iOS iPhone, we are new to the Arlo and must say very disappointed with their FAQ and general response to problems. So like the rest of you, waiting for a solution.

Webo2000
Star
Star
I believe the video doorbell is due for release early next year.
Webo2000
Star
Star
I think I read somewhere the video doorbell is coming out in the new year.