Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello, 

In our house, we have two phones (Android) and two tablets (iPads) connected to the Arlo system.

The delay on someone pressing the doorbell and getting a notification/call is horrendous. After several testing sessions, the average delay for notification is 10 seconds, but the call coming through is even longer. Around a minute on average. (for all devices) 

Is this normal? Surely this is not functional? 

As a second point, I have attempted to use the connected Alexa announcement, but that too is not working...

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It should be quicker... for me testing was aprox about 2-3 secs max after press....

Are you on the same network? (lte or wifi),  data speeds ?

If you are running it with Alexa or similar, I would temp drop all external prgms and temp test it without.  Possible the external prgms are slowing it down.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'll remove Arlo from our Alexa system and see how it fairs.

I am starting to suspect it might be a dud doorbell, to be honest, it seems to "crackle" / distort on a press? 

Will give it a go and feedback! 

dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice
After testing over a few days the delay is still there.
I have removed the connection to our alexa system and sadly we still have minutes of delay.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you disabled battery optimization for the app in the phone settings?

dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Aye, had to in order to get the Arlo geofencing working, but it still has a high delay on our Apple devices also.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @dannyb2100

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Aye, contacted them several times and had several (long) phone calls. 

The issue couldn't be resolved sadly, as such returned the doorbell. 

The Alexa/Echo integration never worked either. It's a shame really. May purchase one in the future should the issues be resolved. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation