Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

If I forget to end the call before exiting the app, the app keeps recording forever

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
webnut02
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got the arlo doorbell. If I forget to end the call before exiting the app, the app keeps recording forever. Cannot find a way to end the call after this. 2 way chat continues until I reboot my phone (meaning everyone outside can keep hearing my indoor conversations!!!). Clearly this is a bug that needs to be looked into ASAP. I'm using the android app. Anyone else having this issue!??

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

webnut02,

Which app are you using that is behaving this way? Also what mode phone are you using?

JamesC

webnut02
Aspirant
Aspirant
Using the latest arlo app and a Samsung s7 edge. Talked to arlo support. They were able to replicate the problem and acknowledged the bug. I guess they are working on it.
webnut02
Aspirant
Aspirant
As usual the product is not ready for prime time before they rushed it out
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

webnut02,

I've not been able to replicate the issue. Are you still seeing this behavior? Does it occur every time?

JamesC

pbarham
Star
Star

Perhaps a related problem: - I took an Arlo call on my iPhone, pressed the 'camera' button which fired up the Arlo App showing me video.  I then had no way to hang up the call. 

(If I press the 'home' button, there is a green bar at the top of the iPhone screen showing a 'call in progress' and whenever I click on the green bar it takes me back to the Arlo app.... which has no 'hang up' option).

Bunnaros1
Guide
Guide
I am having the same problem. No way to hang up. Samsung Note 8
Bunnaros1
Guide
Guide
Yes, I've been having this issue since I bought it. My doorbell is paired with pro 2 camera. Everytime some or I use the doorbell, i can receive on my phone, but if I go away from the call and do something else with my phone while the doorbell is working in the background. I cant find a way to go back to it. There's no icon, tab, or drop down to go back to doorbell call. I would have to go into phone setting and force close arlo app. I'm on Samsung Note 8. Arlo company seems to have trouble figuring out the fix for this.
Berthoven
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just experienced this issue, so clearly not yet fixed. How hard can it be.
Doorbell + Arlo pro 2 (Samsung galaxy s8)
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Berthoven

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation