Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
thejford
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve never felt more stupid in my life.

I received a doorbell for Christmas and it would not connect to my Basestation. I reset the doorbell, I rebooted the Basestation, I rebooted the doorbell, and then called support.

First off, they’re worthless. Secondly, they had me do all the same things I had done and couldn’t replace it because they’re back ordered. I took it back to Best Buy and got the new one home and it has the same behavior.

Is there a bad firmware on the Basestations? There are too many people having problems for this to not be either a huge batch of bad doorbells or bad software.

Any words of wisdom?

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You do have batteries in the doorbell, right? It won't run off the wiring if you connected that.

Press and hold the sync button hidden inside the doorbell (remove it from the mounting plate for access) for at least 10 seconds, until the ring light flashes. Try resyncing with the doorbell near the base.

thejford
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m not THAT stupid. 🙂

Yes, it has batteries. It wouldn’t have the fading light without them. I’ve put it in sync mode along with the Basestation and laid the doorbell right next to it and no luck.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the base firmware up to date? Old firmware won't know about the doorbell.

thejford
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it is.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only other thing I can think of would be to reboot the base which I would think support would have had you do. Worst case a system reset and starting fresh may work but no guarantees.

thejford
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve done it. Any particular way to factory reset?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove everything from Settings, My Devices. Claim the base as if new and then sync cameras and the doorbell normally (you may need to press the doorbell sync button for 10 seconds or so).

n3m3d70
Tutor
Tutor

hi,

I have had the same issue with my new DoorBell.  Worked for about 3 days then nothing. Removed it from my devices and have yet to get it back on there. I reset it, change batteries... or recomended processes. All firmware up to date. Done everything but reset the arlo hub. Has this worked for you.

dont recommend anything that is already on this thread above.... i've already done it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

n3m3d70,

Have you tried syncing the doorbell after a simple base station reboot (just power on/off)? What behavior are you seeing when you attempt to sync the doorbell?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation