Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell pair with Arlo Q

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jasonkler
Initiate
Initiate

I just spoke to Arlo tech support and they told me that the Arlo-Q camera is not compatible to pair with Doorbell.   However the website states "Pairs with Arlo cameras:  Works seamlessly with all models of Arlo cameras to provide the optimal images and angles."   I was advised to return my system to Best Buy.   I have multiple cameras already installed and spend many hours.  I don't have the boxes anymore.  Is it me, or is this false advertising?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could have been clear but nothing that connects to a base can access a Q nor the reverse.

jasonkler
Initiate
Initiate

I didn’t even know that Arlo Q doesn’t connect to the base since it’s still wireless,   except for power.   Can’t they connect this Arlo Q to the base?  And to me this make no sense because my battery Arlo’s die out fast at the front door, so I bought a wall powered version.   Why design a system that is not compatible?   Makes no sense....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The request to allow the Q to interoperate with the wireless cameras has been open since the Q was introduced. I don't know why it hasn't (can't?) be done but that's where we are.

The Q essentially has a base built-in since it's AC-powered while the others are battery-operated.

schumaku
Master
Master

@jguerdat wrote:

The request to allow the Q to interoperate with the wireless cameras has been open since the Q was introduced. I don't know why it hasn't (can't?) be done but that's where we are.

Asked the same during the Arlo Audio Bell beta - never answered.

Now the curiosity question: When we're operating a larger site we might have multiple Arlo Base stations. Can Arlo Audio Bell, the Arlo Chime, ... be connected to different Arlo Base stations and serve as a single system?

---
Please click on thumbs up if this answer was useful - thank you!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@schumaku wrote:

Now the curiosity question: When we're operating a larger site we might have multiple Arlo Base stations. Can Arlo Audio Bell, the Arlo Chime, ... be connected to different Arlo Base stations and serve as a single system?

In a sense, yes. If you edit your modes and rules, use the Add Device selection at the bottom of the rule and you'll see devices on another base that can be selected to operate as part of the rule. It hasn't always been that way - started within the last year, I think, with no notification that I ever saw. Why the Q can't be added in the same way, I have no idea.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation