Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell Is Not Pushing Phone Call On iPhone

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
vancouver
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

When the doorbell rings, our iPhones do not ring. We have gone through all settings in Arlo app, on phone after setup. Does this have something to do with iPhones “Do Not Disturb” setting? If so, how do you make Arlo a “favorite” contact” on your iPhone to make sure that it rings when do not disturb is on?

7 REPLIES 7
vancouver
Apprentice
Apprentice

Further to my last post:

If not a “Do Not Disturb” issue, does it have something to do with wifi vs cellular settings? Or having to be “signed in” to Arlo app all the time? Does the Arlo app settings need to have the camera and mic “on” at all times on the iPhone? What is any privacy issues with having the app setting camera and mic on? Tnx!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What iOS version are your iPhone's running? Do you have the latest Arlo mobile app installed? Did you make sure to have phone calls allowed for the app on your phone?

With having the MIC option enabled you will be able to communicate through the app when a call is received from the doorbell.

vancouver
Apprentice
Apprentice

Latest iOS; Latest Arlo App; phone calls have been allowed for Arlo; Mic enabled.

I found out what is going on - "do not disturb" blocks the calls at night because Arlo is not in Favoirites.  Only favorites can get thorugh when do not distrub is on.  How do you set up Arlo as a contact under favorites when there is no phone number that call is coming from?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@vancouver

Unfortunately, there is not an option within the Arlo Mobile App to adjust these settings on you iPhone. Have you tried contacting Apple Support to see if there is a setting or option you can manipulate?

vancouver
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello, yeah we called Apple. Seems to be an Arlo issue. This all derives from the new door bell. There was a recent app update that I would have expected would have resolved this issue as well as the issue of a “grayed out video screen” on the camera synced to the door bell. But, Arlo still has not resolved the issues.
EHamb1
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS 

Can you please explain why you will respond on this post but not on the post about the doorbell doesn’t display video from paired camera.  That post was originally posted back in November and it has been over a month since anyone from Arlo has posted (you on 12/11 and JamesC on 12/12). This despite repeated pleas from customers over the weeks since for an update or even just an acknowledgement that the issue is still being worked on.  I just don’t understand why you would obviously see the post and pleas but choose not to answer.  What message are you intending to send to your customers and how does that make good business sense?  Sorry to post this on an unrelated issue but I’m just hoping to get some type of response.

vancouver
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yeah, I dont work dor Arlo, so would not be able to tell you. Whats going on. Thinking of giving up on the doorbell and going w another brand that works out of the box. Arlo doesnt seem to be interested in resolving the issue.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation