Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Estanger
Star
Star

How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo Door Bell?   It keeps on alerting me several time a day when people walk in front of the house on the side walk 50' away.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Currently the sensitivity can't be changed.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Just received my doorbell (UK via the US) and shocked to see that this capability is missing for the settings - If it becomes a problem I’ll just put a piece of black tape over the sensor until its sorted - Nice additional capability to my cameras but come on NetGear sort this one out quickly I’d like to reduce this to less than 10 feet.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Estanger,

Do you have cross-triggering set up between your Arlo Audio Doorbell and Arlo camera?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes I do

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Sorry return to early. It seems to have settled down and only triggers within 5m.

Estanger
Star
Star

yes I do

Estanger
Star
Star

Bummer

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to adjust the motion sensitivity for your camera to see if that helps (if you have your Arlo Audio Doorbell and cameras linked together). You can view here on how to adjust the motion sensitivity: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

Estanger
Star
Star

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! It is set up so when the door bell rings it triggers the camera and place a call to my wifes Iphone.

Brgds,

Estranger

@JessicaP wrote:

Hi @Estanger,

Do you have cross-triggering set up between your Arlo Audio Doorbell and Arlo camera?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to disable the cross-triggering and see if it's still sensing motion from 50 feet away with just the Arlo Audio Doorbell itself. Then try to re-pair them again and see if that helps.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation