Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Lucas1981
Star
Star

Hey guys, I have had a similar issue but actually I was avalaible to set up the doorbell with my base. The problem is once I finish the process it shows error 2217 and of course I can see it included with the rest of devices but it doesn't work. Anyone with the same issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lucas1981
Star
Star
Guys, I changed the phone this week, I reinstalled the doorbell again and it’s working OK now. It’s an iPhone 11 pro... with last the iOS software.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Grinchy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m getting save error 2217 as well. So I can’t pair the camera, or pair the chime. Or pair the doorbell. 

Lucas1981
Star
Star

Well... at least I'm not the only one. I was worry about it. I tried several times to set up again the doorbell and nothing. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Grinchy   @Lucas1981 

Where in the setup do you receive this error code? Do you happen to have a screenshot as well? 

Grinchy
Aspirant
Aspirant
The 2217 comes when I choose a pairing. For example pairing a camera to a door bell, or a door bell to a chime. The screen briefly shows a banner at bottom for saving. Then shows the red error banner at top with code 2217.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Grinchy Thank You

Can you provide the screenshot of the error code/banner?

Which Device/Model/OS is this occurring on? What version of the Arlo mobile app are you using?

Lucas1981
Star
Star

This is a picture of error code on iphone X but I have the same issue with my ipad pro.This is a picture of error code on iphone X but I have the same issue with my ipad pro.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Lucas1981

Thank you for the picture. What version of the Arlo mobile app are you using? Does this error code occur on the web browser while pairing as well?

rloh
Tutor
Tutor

This happens to me as well. My doorbell has not been working properly for some time (probably due to the known issue with calls not connecting since the last iOS 13 update) and today I tried resetting and reconfiguring everything again. This only resulted in both my doorbell and my chime now being offline and not working. I get the error code 2217 during setup when trying to pair the doorbell to a camera or chime. Highly annoying!

What is even more annoying is the recurring pop-up to buy the Arlo Smart plan even though I have a Arlo Pro system with a 5 device 7 day free plan included. When pressing "no thanks" I get a threatening message that my cameras will stop working. I used to think Arlo made great products and often recommended them to others but recently this seems to no longer be the case. What did Netgear do? Let all the good developers go and moved all the development off shore? I see many complaints about the help received from the support so I am curious to see how they will handle the two cases I have logged today. If these issues are not solved, I will return the now useless doorbell and chime and sell the rest of the stuff while people still want to buy them...

Grinchy
Aspirant
Aspirant
2217 error
Grinchy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Version on ios
Pelvishaker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exact same with me. Got the same pop up threat to but subscription or cameras won’t work. I called Arlo and said will get back to me. Got 2 cases open with them too. Arlo needs to fix ASAP
Pelvishaker
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also suggest a few improvements for the doorbell...

Here are a list of improvements that could be made to the Arlo APP for use of the Door Bell.

When someone leaves a message, there should be a BEEP/TONE at start of recording and end of recording (so people know when to speak. At moment its just silent and people don’t know when to speak and for how long to speak.

The time a person has to leave a message is fixed. This should be adjustable through the APP so it doesn’t keep recording for long periods unnecessarily.

On some occasions, people knock on the door rather than ring the bell. Unless they PRESS the Ring Button, I cannot speak to the person at the door In the APP, we should be able to press a button to initiate contact and speak to the person standing there even if they don’t press the door bell.

Flexibility to turn off the Doorbell
Lucas1981
Star
Star

I'm using the latest version 2.12 (1887). I did't try with the web to be honest... but due I've had problems last week with the all system and the firware was uptated few days ago, maybe the problem is the last version. Is that possible?

Grinchy
Aspirant
Aspirant
The doorbell can not be configured in the web client. I tried.
DB49er
Guide
Guide

Just received a replacement doorbell after one month wait only to discover this problem.

When I last used the app it was possible to configure messages and language but that seems to have disappeared.

???

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Lucas1981 @Grinchy @Pelvishaker 

I apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to investigate this issue further. If possible, I would like to collect a log from you. This will help isolate the issue. 

Can you please try the following:

1. Go through the process to generate the error and get the banner error to appear on the screen.
  2. Immediately back out of the pairing process, and get to the Devices screen.
  3. Save app logs and send them in.

To generate & save an app log you will ned to do the following: 

- Android: log in > settings > about > tap version 3-5 times

- iOS: When logged in click the arlo logo 3 times > Send email pops up

- Send App log to askarlo@arlo.com Attention: Shayne/Mark

DB49er
Guide
Guide

E-mailed as instructed.

2019-12-20 080645.arlologx

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DB49er

Thank you for that info. I have provided this info to the team. 

DB49er
Guide
Guide

Something very wrong with app here as I cannot even see battery condition.  Thought I should also mention that I keep getting this intermittent error at login, usually if I try to login within a few minutes of logoff.

-1200: Optional ("An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made").

2019-12-21 103842.arlologx

Hoops
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem. I just purchased an Audio Doorbell and Chime. When I try and pair the Doorbell to the Chime OR the Doorbell to a camera I get the 2217 error. I get the same error on my iPhone 11 and iPhone 6. I can't use the newly purchased doorbell until this problem is resolved.

It seems like this is another example of Arlo releasing firmware and software updates without running the most basic scenarios through regression testing. If you allow customers to choose whether they have the "pre-release" updates then you wouldn't have as many frustrated customers. Also, you can use the community help you with the regression test effort - given that testing is an area where you are clearly trying to minimise investment.  The only downside to this approach is that, yes, you have to support more than one version.  However, I think the benefits would be significant for Arlo (in terms of less customers/subscriptions walking away). There are so many people in this community that would love to enroll for "pre-release" versions and provide feedback before it is released to the masses. This is your free work-force and I think you really need to start using it - rather than your entire customer based who haven't knowingly opted into this arrangement.

I'm really hoping for a better approach from Arlo in 2020 because I really love these products, and they have so much potential. 

rloh
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS we are several people who experience the same problem. The problem is serious as it is causing your quite expensive products to malfunction completely. There is no workaround and my downtime is now counted in days and soon weeks. Does Arlo have any official statement on when this issue will be resolved?

Pelvishaker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Done.

Bell does not work at all.
Dilan_Fdo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo does not connect the chime. It gives error 2217 (failed to apply setting).
No answer from Arlo yet.
Pelvishaker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Very quiet from Arlo. No response to emails or in here. Till now my doorbell is serving well as paper weight. Security fail especially at Xmas time when we need it most. A response from Arlo would be appreciated!
Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation