Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot install Arlo Audio Doorbell. I tried everything.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
HT868
Follower
Follower

Cannot install arlo door bell I Tried everything

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
icarusbon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally I plug my Base station directly to my Netgear M2 Router, and they can be paired.

After that, I put the Base station back to the Orbi Satellite and it works fine.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Gonna need a whole lot more than this. For starters, did you try the reset procedure?

https://kb.arlo.com/000061842/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Audio-Doorbell

BeverlyTaylor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Make sure that your mobile device is connected to the same 2.4GHz WiFi network as your Arlo Essential Video Doorbell during the network discovery process. Check your Internet connection.  If possible, try moving your router closer to your doorbell, or use a WiFi extender or mesh network to improve your connectivity.

Marjorie174
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased a Arlo Audio Doorbell to connect to this system but I cant seem to get the doorbell to connect to the system. I have also tried the setup with the doorbell on the table right beside the base with no All the cameras are fine, reconnected, everything was absolutely fine with the cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the reset procedure found in the support FAQs?

https://kb.arlo.com/000061842/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Audio-Doorbell

Jo3l_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having same problem.  It was connected before and only disconnected recently.  Tried reset on the Audio doorbell (AAD1001) on several attempts still doesn't connect.  The app cannot find it.  Tried connecting to 2G wifi etc.  Still no go.  I have even reset my base station and tried adding it first before I added the cameras, but still no go.  All Cameras are connected again but doorbell still no go.  Even the chime cannot be found/connected.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jo3l_M,

If you tried resetting your Arlo Audio Doorbell but still have problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

icarusbon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, using VMB4540 Base Station, currently linked to 3 Pro3 cams. Now I want to add an Audio Doorbell to the system.

I went through the Forum and tried all the ways suggested, like Factory Reset the bell, Reinstall the Arlo Smart app, Use the Sync buttons to connect, and even move the base station back to the Orbi router instead of satellite. 

But it’s just not working. I use Netgear / Arlo for all my networking products and I can’t imagine why I can’t add a new device with the same brand. I expect better connections between the same brand and system. 

Jo3l_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

What happened with mine in the end after rebooting the base is I left out installing the Audio doorbell for a while.  Removed the battery and just left it.  Then after a week or so, I tried it again and for unknown reason, it connected!  Still can't figure it out why it didn't in the first place, but at least it's working again.

icarusbon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Got you. I will leave it aside first, doing something else. When I have a good mood, I will try again and see if positive thinking helps.

Thanks!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@icarusbon wrote:
 When I have a good mood, I will try again and see if positive thinking helps.

Removing and reinserting the battery was likely a key step.

icarusbon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Definitely what I’ve done many many times last night. But I have no luck and see if it would go better next time.
icarusbon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally I plug my Base station directly to my Netgear M2 Router, and they can be paired.

After that, I put the Base station back to the Orbi Satellite and it works fine.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation