Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

jjones80
Follower
Follower

My audio doorbell AAD1001 has been working perfectly up until tonight. 

It has just started sending out multiple alerts:

"Device Online Alert"  - "***** back online at *time*"

I have tried restarting to no effect. Anyone know what these alerts are and how can they be stopped? 

There is nothing in the manuals, or anything online that I have read. 

Thanks for your help!

Current FM: 1.2.0.0_320_401

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved. Please let us know if you continue receiving these alerts for your Arlo Audio Doorbell.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently working toward a solution for this issue. I will provide another update once the fix is available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this to the development team for further investigation. Thank you for the feedback provided so far and I will post an update as soon as I have more information to share.

JamesC

102 REPLIES 102
Techlen
Tutor
Tutor
Same problem here obviously an update that happened in the background that broke it would be nice if they test these things before they release lol
ssrobinson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here
Vai
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have exactly the same problem. I get notification doorbell is back online every time the doorbell detects motion. I have tried everything, removing device, adding back, resetting, changed batteries etc.

Really annoying! Would really like to find out a solution to this or I have to replace Arlo with some other device.
mscheff2
Tutor
Tutor
Joining this thread as I’m having the same issues as those reported above.
Amarar05
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. It happened suddenly and sends the alert each time motion is detected at all hours. 

LR1755
Aspirant
Aspirant
I posted previously. Same issue. There’s 38 or so comments and not one status update or yes, we acknowledge the issue and are working on it. It’s impossible to actually talk to someone at Arlo. Very frustrated and word will get out quick if this isn’t resolved in a timely manner.
jasongill54
Aspirant
Aspirant
My doorbell is glitching too.. keep saying online restored when motion detected
IdahoTowerMan
Guide
Guide

Just reset my arlo base station.  After the reset, everything came back up except for the two doorbells.  Had the Red exclamation point indicating to sync the doorbells with the base station.  Got my screwdriver out and proceeded to the front doorbell, and when the doorbell my movement, I got an immediate "back online" alert, and the red exclamation point was gone.

Went downstairs to the other doorbell, waved my hand in front of it, and the exact same thing happened.  Did not need to unscrew from the base and hold the sync button.

IdahoTowerMan
Guide
Guide

Just reset my arlo base station.  After the reset, everything came back up except for the two doorbells.  Had the Red exclamation point indicating to sync the doorbells with the base station.  Got my screwdriver out and proceeded to the front doorbell, and when the doorbell my movement, I got an immediate "back online" alert, and the red exclamation point was gone.

Went downstairs to the other doorbell, waved my hand in front of it, and the exact same thing happened.  Did not need to unscrew from the base and hold the sync button.

swordfishBob
Guide
Guide

Yep, for me it does it at 3am, 4am, and 5am. Even if it were reconnecting at those times, there was no alert to say the doorbell was offline - so why should I need telling that it's online again? In the middle of the night?

The doorbell is terrible. I thought it would be good for the remote answering, but there's so much delay in answering that it's useless. Time to remove it, and let people use the mechanical bell. If I'm not there, I still have a camera to see what happened.

bearslakers
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes me too. I called Arlo and they gave me the old "delete the device from the app and re-add them".  Did not fix the issue. This is a software problem not a hardware problem. 

Taboo5150
Guide
Guide
So Idaho Tower Man is everything working correctly now, or are you still getting the “back online” alerts?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this to the development team for further investigation. Thank you for the feedback provided so far and I will post an update as soon as I have more information to share.

JamesC

Makkaman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James! We appreciate you.
Deedub
Star
Star

Thank you James! Good to know.

IdahoTowerMan
Guide
Guide
No. I’m still getting the Back Online alerts with any motion
Deedub
Star
Star

I’m glad Arlo support are on the case as this is getting old, fast.

Spoiler

Deedub_0-1659312686012.jpeg

Taboo5150
Guide
Guide
Ok thanks Idaho~ at least there’s some hope for us with Arlo’s help desk getting involved.
IdahoTowerMan
Guide
Guide
Tab, agreed! The reason I reset the base station was I had one camera starting to do the same thing! Camera stopped thankfully, but sadly the doorbells didn’t. Very weird
Taboo5150
Guide
Guide
Hey Idaho, yes sir I believe as part of this newest update it included cameras too. After rebooting my base station I got the alerts just once for each camera. Sadly not the case for the doorbell…hopefully see a fix here soon 🤞
punchbuggy
Guide
Guide

I'll add a Plus 1 to this issue which started end July.

HW: 1.3

FW: 1.2.0.0_320_401

Oddly, at the same time my VMB5000r3 basestation also started to advise that "Videos stored on the SmartHub are not available. Please check your connection settings." Suffice to say, my connection settings are fine, and I can get live feeds from cameras, etc. I also reformatted the internal SD card, but same error.

FW: 1.19.0.3_1237_68a8e53

Something has been right rotally screwed up by Arlo in the last week. Sigh.

chobie_
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just registered to post this same problem it's extremely annoying.

I've tried changing batteries, restarting WiFi, removing and resyncing the doorbell nothing works. Only the audio doorbell is having this issue.

Any update Arlo Support?
bazza75
Aspirant
Aspirant

The same issue here on the Audio Doorbell since a few days. Reset to factory settings and resync didn't work. 

Guess we'll just have to wait for a firmware update...

Firmware: 1.2.0.0_320_401

Hardware: 1.3

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Same issue. I pulled the batteries from my arlo audio doorbell, and will await a software/firmware update. Poor show Arlo, I cannot recommend these devices.
Garmanp3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Been working for 2 years. Now started receiving an online alert saying doorbell now online. It happens when someone passes the front door but I have the doorbell settings to off. Any ideas?