Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
CameraMan168
Guide
Guide

Hello all can someone clarify what the various sequences of the flashing light ring (around the doorbell button) means?   After installation I noticed that when motion is detected, the light ring would show 3 slow flashes.  Then last night when motion was detected it was showing 5 quick flashes. Odd.

thanks.  

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When motion is detected the Arlo Audio Doorbell fades in and out when a person is detected to help reinforce a security system is active. This light will remain on until 1) motion is no longer detected, or 2) the doorbell is pressed.

CameraMan168
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS wrote:

When motion is detected the Arlo Audio Doorbell fades in and out when a person is detected to help reinforce a security system is active. This light will remain on until 1) motion is no longer detected, or 2) the doorbell is pressed.

Thanks!  However, there are clearly different light flashes.  One that's a slow fading 3 flashes, and another is a fast fading flashes, about 5 of them.  Can you please provide an explanation for these differences?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This sequence of flashes is the doorbell recognizing motion.

CameraMan168
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS wrote:

This sequence of flashes is the doorbell recognizing motion.

Thanks, though again my question is what do the difference types of flashing sequences mean (3 slow fading flashes vs. 5 quick flashes).  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is simply the light pattern to indicate to the person standing in front of the doorbell that their motion has been detected and the doorbell is ready to be pressed. The 3 slow and 5 quick flashes are only indicating that motion has been detected, there is no difference between them. It's essentially the doorbell saying "hey, i'm a doorbell, press me".

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation