Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App Does Not Stream Video After Answering Ring Prompt

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
martyv68
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installed the Arlo Doorbell last night and it works great on my Android phone - the prompt pops up and it streams liveview from my connected Arlo Pro 2 camera and audio from the doorbell itself. 

However, I did the same with my wife's iPhone 8 (granted her access through my account) and it only records audio. The prompt pops up and the Apple rotating progress meter appears where the liveview stream should be. Her iPhone OS is 12.1. 

I've read about newer versions of iOS not playing nice with video playback, but this seems to be a slightly different issue. Anyone else experienced this and have a fix? Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Try having your wife disconnect from your local WIFI and see if it works.  Myself and some others have the issue where we can not get video if we are connected to the same network as the Arlo base unit.  In my case if connected to a different network it works fine.  Would be interested to know that this is an IOS issue only.

martyv68
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did some testing today - my wife's iPhone can see video if she's on a different network.  My android phone can see video regardless of network (ours or anyone else's). So there you have it.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@martyv68

Does she have the camera permission enabled within the Arlo Mobile App?

martyv68
Aspirant
Aspirant

She does, yes.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation