Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

greengreenleaf
Initiate
Initiate

I've setup my Arlo Pro 2 base station, (x2) Arlo Pro 2 cameras and Arlo Pro Doorbell (Model: AAD1001, Firmware:1.2.0.0_275_250). The cameras detect motion and record video as expected but I am unable to see video after answering a call from the Doorbell on my iPhone X. I have tried resetting the Doorbell, pairing and unpairing the Doorbell with the 2 cameras and still only see a progress icon where the video should be displayed. If I look in the library after answering the call from the Doorbell there is only audio and no video. Not sure what I am missing. 

IMG_3052.pngIMG_3053.pngIMG_3054.png

146 REPLIES 146
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Burmajim

Which version of the Arlo Mobile App are you currently using?

Garry4100
Aspirant
Aspirant
Purchased the cameras about 3 weeks ago and just added the doorbell. The video feature is on all the advertising.
Very surprised Arlo are not sorting this problem. Very disappointing!
Garry4100
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have experienced exactly the same thing yet Arlo don’t seem to be even acknowledging that they have a major issue with this. Very disappointing!

Munners
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve swapped my doorbell and chime today to eliminate the hardware from the equation.... exact same issues, probably worse infact, video now never works, wife’s phone no longer calls and the battery is at 96% after 5 presses.... Arlo are now ignoring all emails from me under my case file..... useless!! It’s going back for sure now. Advise all to do the same if this has been going on for months
gatch94
Initiate
Initiate

I haven't been able to get video from the doorbell since trying to pair with an Arlo Ultra camera.  This is the workaround I'm using until this gets fixed.  When I get the call from the Arlo doorbell, I hang up.  I open the Arlo app and connect to the Ultra camera from the devices menu.  I tab the microphone, and then I can talk to whomever is on the porch.  It takes a few seconds to connect, but it solves the problem for now.  

Munners
Tutor
Tutor
Is anyone getting any response or support from Arlo? I’m getting totally ignored even when messaging in response to my official case.... customer service is shockingly bad.
Barney6063
Aspirant
Aspirant

How obscure!  but it worked for me also! Thanks tons!

BranTheBroken
Aspirant
Aspirant
Supposedly they are coming out with a doorbell with built-in camera soon. I guess it's their excuse for ignoring all of us that spent ~ $70 for the original. Pretty sad way to treat your customers. Arlo/Netgear - if you are reading this (and we know you are), shame on you!
Garry4100
Aspirant
Aspirant

Based on the way they have ignored posts on the very support site they launched.

I will not be buying another Arlo product.

the1wynn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any response to this yet?  I have the same problem, nothing I do seems to resolve it.

I also have a Netgear Orbi router, does that have anything to do with the problem, a number of people reported this issue are using that router.  Are there any ports that I should forward, etc?

If Nest had wireless cameras, I would switch in a second, just too many little issues with my Arlo system where it doesn't work as advertised.  Love it when it works, just very rarely that all components are working as expected.

tomtho
Star
Star

Heres an update for you: Called Arlo yesterday as my livestream disapeared completely from the doorbell call and apparently they have removed the live stream feature for the majority of iOS users and all Android users. Didn't tell me when they thought it would be back though. I can't beleive how bad Arlo is with software. If nest brought out a battery powered camera Arlo would be gone, they're the only reason I got Arlo over Nest.

Gretty
Initiate
Initiate

I really want to use all caps. I will. WHY THE F',*#K CAN YOU GENIUSES NOT FIX THE GREY SCREEN THAT COVERS THE DISPLAY WHEN MY $650 CAMERA IS ACTIVATED BY MY $120 DOORBELL? GOOGLE THIS. IT IS A HUGE, KNOWN ISSUE FOR OVER A  YEAR.

I BOUGHT THIS JUNK SO THAT I CAN SEE WHO IS AT THE DOOR. WHAT. THE. FING F?

hopey
Initiate
Initiate
Does anyone know if this has been resolved as I'm having the same problem. I have audio but no video. I want to see who is at my door like I was told when purchasing.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @hopey

Have you tried to remove & reinstall the Arlo App? What version of the app are you using & what Device/OS are you running?

Also make sure you have all the permissions granted.

vancouver
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still having issues with gray screen and no response with sveral & and I mean "several" communication attempts with Arleo Support.  I think this product does not do what its supposed to do, so time to return/seek refund.  Its been going on too long and the support from Arlo just isnt there.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @vancouver

What Device/OS are you using when you experience this issue? Also, what is the version of the Arlo App are you running?

Osmosis
Tutor
Tutor

Also have this problem. It never works on WiFi, works 1/10 times when I'm on 4G.

Iphone 7. But same problem on my wives Iphone 10.

What can I do to resolve this?

Osmosis
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I've gotten the doorbell and a chime to my 10 camera Arlo Smart Premier system.

When I ring the doorbell my phone alerts me and tells me the doorbell is ringing. I can answer it on my phone, but no audio or video shows up.
I have read the forums and tried resetting and reinstalling but same problem. The cameras detect motion and record video as expected but I am unable to see video after answering a call from the Doorbell
Why doesnt it work?

As of now, I feel I could have bought a cheap chinese doorbell with an app. It gives exactly the same functionality as Arlo Doorbell.

Osmosis
Tutor
Tutor

IMG_6533.PNG

Obiwan88
Guide
Guide

I have this same problem, but even if I answer the doorbell on my phone, the screen remains black.  I can hear and converse with the person, but cannot see them.

Andyzzzz
Guide
Guide
Hi
I have had the doorbell since launch. Was working fine now no video when the doorbell in activated. I also have Netgear Orbi router. I wish I had stuck with the Ring Doorbell. Paid a premium for Arlo thinking I would get a reliable product.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello everyone,

The latest release of the IOS App 2.7.12 addresses the issue being discussed here. For more information, take a look at the following release notes and be sure your app is up to date with the latest version: Arlo iOS App - 2.7.12 - 16th July 2019