Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Guide

Re: Arlo Doorbell Doesn't Display Video From Paired Camera After Answering Call

I have no problems with my cameras. I wouldn’t return those. The doorbell is completely useless as it is now. I returned mine. Still very happy with the cams.
Message 51 of 112
Guide

I also have had no issues with my cameras or security lights but with the lack of response to these posts I could see why someone would return other Arlo products as well.  I mean just imagin if the next issue that comes up makes it where you can't see video on any of the cameras.  Is this the same type of response we should expect to get then?  What really makes it so frusterating is that most post on here aren't demanding an immediate fix just some type of acknowledgement that they are still working on it.  To top it off I actually started a new thread hoping to get noticed.  Someone actually took the time to merge the thread with this one but could even post anything.  That seems like a deliberate act of ignoring us customers.   

Message 52 of 112

My issue is exactly that. I’m not supporting a company with my money and support that shows so much disdain for their customers. As you said, if you don’t have a fix for it, fine. But at least acknowledge the problem and say “we’re trying our best to find a solution” not just ignore the countless customers having issues with something advertised to help “secure” your property and family. That’s BS
Message 53 of 112
Aspirant

Took mine back to Best Buy after my initial post. They exchanged it and I thought ok, maybe I did have a bad one. Guess what, same results and this time the chime that was previously attached to the base/doorbell wouldn’t pair this time. So all this junk will go back to Best Buy and there won’t be an exchange this time. If it wasn’t so much damn trouble, I’d pull the cameras too but they are working ok.
Message 54 of 112
Aspirant

Hi there. Our Arlo 2 Camera works perfectly and when I stream video from it it works perfectly and shows the whole camera view, but when I ring the Arlo chime and doorbell it doesnt work the same. The app rings on my phone and I am able to answer it and hear audio and see a top slither of the camera view but the rest of the camera view is greyed out. Ive attached a photo to show you what I mean. Can anyone help please?

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 55 of 112
Apprentice

Waited months for this to come out in the UK...got mine yesterday and it is PLAGUED with issues!!!

I will give it a couple of weeks and return if not fixed. I am starting to get to the point of wanting to move completely away from Arlo, the products and support now is becoming an ABSOLUTE JOKE!
Message 56 of 112
Aspirant

I have thre exact same issue of no video working when someone rings but I also have the issue that it disconnects after 10 seconds.  Seems to be flawed but unfortionatly I can't return mine.  Camera's are great but this doorbell is a joke.

Message 57 of 112
Aspirant

Re: Arlo Doorbell Model AAD1001

I have discovered something I would like validated by another member of the Arlo community. I have an Arlo doorbell / Chime paired with a Arlo Camera on Comcast Wifi system and paired to a Iphone 6S. I noticed when the doorbell is activated and alerts the phone, if I answer on the phone the problem is as previously reported (no video) however "if" while wearing my bluetooth headset and answer via the answer button on the headset the video is activated.  The caviat is Wifi on the phone need to be turned off. The video is not recorded however my doorbell is on a work bench and note actually mounted by the door being covered by the camera. I would like to have this validated and perhaps communicated to the Arlo developement team.

Message 58 of 112

Just tried it for you on ours. Still doesn’t work for me., via Bluetooth headset or a wired head set. Tried both over lte and WiFi. Doorbell is on wall near camera. Both on same basestation. As for relaying it to Arlo, good luck. Three pages of nothing from them. Months of a non working product.
Message 59 of 112
Aspirant

Ok Check out the photo attached. I duplicated it again. Doorbell turns on the video.
Message 60 of 112

Works on LTE, not on Wifi

Message 61 of 112
Initiate

Unacceptable! Still no video with my Arlo doorbell.

On WiFi or not. Bad product
Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 62 of 112
Initiate

Unacceptable! Still no video with my Arlo doorbell.

On WiFi or not. Junk product
Message 63 of 112
Aspirant

Back in 2007 I invested in the first digital cinema movie camera The RED ONE. The first 1000 cameras RED supplied were at a special price with extra support because the technology was new and the owners were going to be in effectively a form of beta testing but at least we knew and made allowances.

Now Arlo have a great system if it worked. The doorbell is another failure at the moment, I agree with all the previous comments, the pressing of the doorbell does not activate the camera. If Arlo are going to release new technology can we be told that it's probably still in beta and we are the testers. Arlo should be selling their new technology at a reduced cost until they work 'out of the box'. We have all spent many wasted hours rebooting, reinstalling because we were sold a turnkey solution.

Arlo please sort out your R&D before you release your products

Message 64 of 112
Aspirant

Hi,

Re: Doorbell and Arlo Pro 2

When the doorbell rings, I receive a call on my iPhone X, but there is no image displayed on the Arlo app when it calls me? I have an Arlo Pro 2 camera at the front door and connected/paired to the doorbell, but I do not get any video image??
Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 65 of 112

Welcome to the club. See previous 2 pages. Summed up, some people get video, “sometimes”, arlo doesn’t admit there is a problem. There is. That’s where it stands. No surefire fix or remedy yet.
Message 66 of 112
Guide

Wish I could give you some good news but I'm sure you have read all the posts in this thread.  We can't even get a reply from Arlo confirming they are still working on the issue.  I encourage everyone to continue posting here so this thread stays at the top of the page.  If you have recently purchased the Arlo doorbell I would advise you to return it while you can.  Also leave a review where you purchsed the doorbell to inform other potential customers of the issues and lack of responce they can expect.  I love my Arlo Pro cameras and the security lights but something has changed with the company.  I don't know if it is due to them being spun off into a seperate company from Netgear or what.  I do see where the stock price has fallen from the IPO price of $16 down to below $4.  I am concerned they no longer have the resources they had while still part of Netgear.  Just look at all the issues with their new products (doorbell, Ultra, etc).  Hopefully they are getting things back in the right direction but the lack of any Arlo replies on this thread don't help.

Message 67 of 112
Tutor

Dear Arlo

Doorbell

HW Version 1.3

Serial Number 5MJ491WS8A994

Firmware 1.2.0.0_297_268

Camera

HW Version H8

Serial Number 4XH2717RBDA2C

Firmware 1.092.0.19_26228

Hub

HW Version VMB4000r3

Serial Number 4RD17171A37BC

Firmware 1.12.0.1_27940

iPhone X

Ios 12.1.4

Build 16D57

I only found this thread after spending many hours trying to make doorbell call my phone.  Hub has five cameras and doorbell paired.  Chime released in UK today and should arrive tomorrow.

Doorbell motion and push activated and work correctly.  Will not call iPhone although a "missed call" appears in call list and video stored in library, whether or not a message is left.

I hope these details will aid the technical people to solve the problem because the whole package has cost quite a lot of money.

Thank you

Message 68 of 112
Tutor

Worth noting as I was having an issue were the doorbell video wouldn’t play if connected to the WiFi (would on mobile carrier) I had to enable ‘WiFi calling’ on my iPhone for it then to work in both situations.
Message 69 of 112
Tutor

I already have wi-fi calling enabled but it does not make any difference.  I get the impression that the call drops before it has time to activate the phone.

Message 70 of 112
Tutor

No problem I just thought it would help anyone experiencing the issue of if only working while on cellular and not when connected to WiFi.

Mine initially call dropped (sometimes not even making a visual ring and would just be listed as a missed call) all I did to cure that was power cycle the hub and reset my iPhone settings and then it worked (be it the next morning)
Message 71 of 112
Tutor

Thanks for that....any help much appreciated. I will try re-cycling.

Message 72 of 112
Tutor

Good man......that worked.  Many thanks.:smileyvery-happy.

Message 73 of 112
Aspirant

Tried with my Arlo Pro camera, but it wont show video (doesnt matter on LTE or wifi)

It is a brand new unit...what the point of the doorbell if we cannot see the video when there is no camera on the doorbell might as well go get a video doorbell....

I hope Arlo can come up with a fix soon ~~

Message 74 of 112

Actually on a whim, tried resetting my phone, the whole arlo system and repairing everything. Now seems to work marginally. Still has a HUGE delay, even over an absurdly fast connection, but can at least get video now. If you’re at your wits end and can’t return your doorbell, it’s worth trying.
Message 75 of 112