Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

greengreenleaf
Initiate
Initiate

I've setup my Arlo Pro 2 base station, (x2) Arlo Pro 2 cameras and Arlo Pro Doorbell (Model: AAD1001, Firmware:1.2.0.0_275_250). The cameras detect motion and record video as expected but I am unable to see video after answering a call from the Doorbell on my iPhone X. I have tried resetting the Doorbell, pairing and unpairing the Doorbell with the 2 cameras and still only see a progress icon where the video should be displayed. If I look in the library after answering the call from the Doorbell there is only audio and no video. Not sure what I am missing. 

IMG_3052.pngIMG_3053.pngIMG_3054.png

146 REPLIES 146
hightechburrito
Guide
Guide

Here's what mine looks like

Vermont05495
Tutor
Tutor

So.. the doorbell works well as long as the doorbell and the base station are not on the same wifi. I turned off the wifi on my phone (IPhone) and tablet and the video works well when the dorbell is presses. If they are on the wifi the video does not work. I guess that is OK for now as the video is mose important while away. I hope it get fixed in a timely manor. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

sohcrates01
Initiate
Initiate

I m also having this very same issue.  The doorbell works fine with an android device, but not with an iOS device.  I have tried while connected to the same wifi as the arlo base station, and also on LTE data.  In both cases, I get the gray screen with the spinning gear.  Audio works, but no video.  Pretty crippling for the product not to work with ios...Will be returning the doorbell if this is not resolved very soon.

Amyliz
Guide
Guide

Same problem here. This is my second doorbell. I returned the first because the chime wouldn’t work and audio wouldn’t work. I had to reconfigure this one a few times but the chime works. Now I can’t get video and it won’t send an automated response until three minutes later, which is too late to be useful. I’ve checked the speed on all my devices I have plenty of bandwidth. I guess I will return this one and wait for gen 2 if Arlo can’t fix this in the next week. 

Dave-B
Tutor
Tutor

I just purchased this Doorbell.  Can someone give me an estimate on when this problem with the Doorbell and Camera is expected to be resolved?  I do not want to keep the Doorbell if it will not turn the Camera on.

Geet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here.  Very disappointing!!!

atalbott
Aspirant
Aspirant
Look at 11/30 comments for "doorbell" screenshots of missing video. I am looking into buying one and wanted to add on to arlo until reading this.
pascaldormal
Tutor
Tutor

To Arlo:

Still no news! This is not acceptable as this is a BASIC feature of the product and resolution should be expected asap. The issue is now widely reported. Get your engineers to work on this urgently and come with a fix or else you should better let go on this product totally and fire the whole team.

BrianP514
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am having this problem.

iPhone 6 and iPhone SE, both with latest iOS.

Netgear Orbi mesh network.

When paired with Arlo Pro camera this problem occurs. When paired with an original Arlo camera, it works fine.

Wife acceptance factor is not in a good place right now. We need a fix!

Favman711
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any answer yet? Got this for christmas and it worked initially but now no video..... is ot the lag time on the camera that is causing this? Getting ready to return it as i already had a standalone doorbell chime. This was purchased to sync with the video.
Rotorhead775
Guide
Guide
Arlo saying they’re working on it is tantamount to them saying they have no clue what’s causing it and they’ll wait until enough people complain then release a “fix” that will most
Likely make it work and break something else. Welcome to arlo. On a positive note, the Chime works. With the button. But then your average $15 wireless doorbell kit does that. How many people will return this before you fix it Arlo?? This is almost as much fun as taking down 15 cameras and resyncing them every time the app had a “bug fix” update.
Favman711
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I realized that if I answer the doorbell call I can then tap on the “Arlo” option in the phone menu and see the video screen along with the doorbell options... Id rather see video before answering but this is better than nothing....
EHamb1
Guide
Guide

It has been a month since this was first posted.  How can there not be any updates at all.   Actually Arlo has not even acknowledged that they have been able to duplicate the issue, just that the development team is investigating reports of the issue.  I get that it takes time to test any potential fixes before releasing them (I’m sure we all remember the huge battery drain on a previous camera/base firmware update that was released before it should have been), but the lack of information updates is unacceptable.

Just to add my information to what has been reported we just added the doorbell (firmware 1.2.0.0_275_250) base (firmware 1.12.0.0_27099) camera (firmware 1.092.0.19_26228) and using the iOS app version 2.6.3.  The video worked the first couple of time but just like everyone else now it just showes the square with spinning circle

Rotorhead775
Guide
Guide
Oh ours is getting worse now. I just timed it. 60 seconds for the door bell to ring to my phone and then, oh the gray box. Arlo can you explain why I need your product that barey competes with a $10 Chime from Walmart? By the time it rings the person is gone. And the audio is so choppy now, every 5th word comes through, yet the arlo pro 2 camera records it all perfect. So if I want to see who’s at my door I have to wait until they leave and then watch the video clip to see if my voice came through??? At least thanks to their incompetence I’ve steered at least four neighbors to buy another companies system and save their money. Unfortunately doesn’t help me any.
SUMNER6
Guide
Guide

SUMNER6
Guide
Guide

samale
Aspirant
Aspirant

i also have this problem, no response from anyone yet, so i might return everything and buy a Ring doorbell.

Rotorhead775
Guide
Guide
Do it. Save yourself the hassle. Taking all my arlo stuff down today. And tomorrow. After two years. Thanks for all the hassles arlo. Craigslist will soon have lots of arlo cameras and bestbuy is getting a nice big return box. The straw that broke the camels back
Vermont05495
Tutor
Tutor

Wow - This thread is getting a lot of action but no responses from the Arlo team. I just wanted to add, I live in a small  community with 14 individual units on a common circle. All the residents voted (and agreed at our community meeting) that the integration of the Arlo doorbell - and accompanied camera system on all the units would add to the community security especially during the holiday season. Unfortunately, given the current issues and the lack of company response or at least acknowledgement of the problem, we have reconsidered our decision. I remain hopeful and will hang on to my unit as I already have the Arlo camera system installed. The rest of the community will be considering the Ring or other alternative for security. I hope the Arlo community can get the message to the Arlo corporate / Program team and get a response soon. Happy New Year everyone. JP / Vermont 

Rotorhead775
Guide
Guide
Really Arlo? No “hey we’re sorry were working on it at least???” A whole community just decided your products aren’t fit to use for security! All ours are down. Doorbell comes down today. I keep hoping they’ll step up to the plate and do something but nope. Now I don’t even get alerts to my phone for 20 second plus consistently. This again is in a gigabit symmetrical connection. Orbi router fully updated, cat 6 cable to arlo hub, full signal and speed transferring to all devices. iOS 11.1-12.1.1 on four iPhones, three iPad minis, a iPad Pro. One iPad with lte data. Phones on. A mix of Verizon, sprint and att all with unlimited data. Both on WiFi and lte both on 2ghz and 5ghz bandwidths. With different and the same network names. Tried it all. Come on!! What else do you need to try to realize there is a problem??
EHamb1
Guide
Guide

So I see we still haven't gotten any kind of update from Arlo.  Perhaps they realzie they can't fix the issue and are hoping everyone waits to long to return the doorbells?  I would hope not but what other reason could they have for not at least saying they are still working on it.  

I did want to add some more information on my experience.  As others have mentioned while on LTE or a different WIFI the video comes up just fine.  Only when the phone is connected to the same wifi is there an issue.  I have noticed several people mention they have an Orbi router.  I do as well.  Has anyone experineced this issue with a different brand router?

Rotorhead775
Guide
Guide
I tried it without the router, with a linksys, a nighthawk and a commercial Cisco router. Same thing. I thought same thing. Maybe router. No dice
sohcrates01
Initiate
Initiate

Pathetic.  Having owned many netgear networking products, as well as several arlo cameras, for many years, I am accustomed to their poor response to problems.  In the past, the excellent hardware has compensated for it, and a rollback to older firmware has provided a bandaid.  This is a new low, however.  The problem completely cripples the product's entire capability, and the response is basically zero.  For weeks on end.  I'm done with this.  Doorbell removed and on the way back to the seller.  Good job netgear.

Rotorhead775
Guide
Guide
Yep. It’s pathetic. Putting out word via Facebook. Friends and family doing same. Usually never do that, but this is absurd. I’ve paid Netgear/Arlo enough in cameras, routers, hardware over last two years to have had a professionally installed camera system and alarm system 3 times over. Liked it because the doorbell seemed like it would complete the system and could monitor it all myself. . But after this, and not even a post beyond James C’s worthless “were working looking into it” two months ago..... no more money to this company from me or anyone I can warn away.