Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Ed12377
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi all 

Ok I changed batteries in arlo door bell yesterday all synced fine to base station etc but none of my devices now ring when doorbell pressed..

i have tired resync many times & although the app/base station sees the door bell & led behaviour works as normal none of my devices no longer call...Sometimes the call screen briefly appears on iPad/iPhone for about .5 of a sec...

I have also reset base station etc but nothing seems to work when receiving calls from doorbell...So at the moment the door bell is useless, also never worked with Alexa at all but that’s a whole other issue...

Just being hopeful it’s a bug since last app update, only a week or so ago so may not of worked since then for all I know...

Any help appreciated as always...

70 REPLIES 70
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just tested using the latest Android app and it's working fine. You guys on iOS? What version OS and app? Have you updated both?

ArloUser42
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had set up the Arlo Pro cameras and doorbell and everything was working well, including the doorbell making calls to my iPhone.

On the 16the Feb 2019 the doorbell stopped making calls to my iPhone. I have reset everything to factory defaults and still have the problem.

Finally I tried installing the arlo app on an old android tablet, and the calls come through there!

I suspect that there may be an issue with the recent iOS update to version 12.1.4....
kavasc
Guide
Guide

Windows/android here - No Apple products.  My phone is a Samsung S8+   

We had friends come over last night and the doorbell was rung twice.  I got a notification there was activity but at no time did my phone ring.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the phone. If no help, reinstall the app, making sure all permissions are allowed in the phone settings for the app. Any better?

Sircoynie
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same issue as well now......WTF ARLO THIS THING IS A JOKE! 

Good job i've started my amazon return request! Piece of S*&T!

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

Folks....relax.  I have had the Arlo Doorbell since December and it has been absolutely solid until this past weekend.  Something has happened on the iOS side that has caused the doorbell to stop working.  Had a lengthyy call with support and I believe that reports of this problem are now coming in and they are starting to work on it.

We are all tech crazy and are mostly first adopters.  There are and there will be growing pains.  I'm not thrilled by the loss of functionality but at least the Arlo Doorbell continues to operate as a doorbell in the interim (i.e. my mechanical doorbell stil rings).  I hope the problem gets resolved soon and I urge everyone who has this problem to report it to Arlo through this site, Twitter or directly through support.

For me, I am not ready to abandon this product as it was working great for two months straight and fit my use case scenario perfectly coupled with my Arlo Pro camera.  

mde8965
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. Phone calls stopped day before yesterday. Nothing has changed here and my iPhone has been rebooted.
Sounds like the company broke something or the latest IOS update did something not comparable with the current Arlo code.
Only reason I’m not returning this doorbell is because my Alexa announcements for the doorbell are working.
Hoping the company fixes this soon. So happy with my Alro Pro 2 cameras and reasonably happy with my 6 security lights (especially at the $99 for 3 at Costco).
QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

Yup....hang in there.  Arlo needs to deal with this problem and I have confidence that they will.

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary

Had the exact same issue here, I noticed on the morning of the 17th. Thought I messed up a setting at first somehow. I contacted support and thehy said the will send the info off to engineering and get back to me. I tried rebooting my base, reinstalling the doorbell from scratch (twice), and reinstalling the app on my iphone x. Noticed it doenst work to call my wifes phone either which is an iphone 8 plus. Everything else works as before, just no calls anymore.

jasontom
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Doorbell is no longer incoming calls since few days ago. My device is Iphone XS Max. I knew there are so many people also have this problems. Please fix it asap.
jayhova1
Guide
Guide

Same problem here, started in the last few days.  iPhone XS lates iOS 12.1.4.  I noticed the Arlo app was also updated recently.  Not sure if this would impact the functionality as well.  

One thing I notioced is that the Arlo chime is also not working when I ring the doorbell so this may not be an iOS issue since it should have nothing to do with the phone.

UPDATE:

Rebooted the hub and the chime rings.  Seems more delayed now though then before.  Still not calling my phone.

Kezza1133
Guide
Guide
Arlo Doorbell is no longer ringing my phone. Was working fine and then all of a sudden it stopped working. It rings and then just hear voice asking to leave a message.
rovaldes
Initiate
Initiate
The problem is definitively on my iOS devices. A just tried in an Android and it work just fine. It must be the latest app update 2.7.4
JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor
We get very little traffic ; Just delivery so can’t really tell whe It stopped calling IPhone 6 max. Threw away my other doorbell so no going back. As one person put it at least it still rings the chime. Interestingly enough the camera did not start either when doorbell was pushed.
lak7425
Aspirant
Aspirant
My phone was ringing when I first set up my doorbell and then it just stopped. Is there any problems with this feature of the doorbell? I’ve read a lot of complaints on this but no resolutions.
lak7425
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesRKilgore
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm seeing the threads that something has happened this past weekend with a new IOS Update 12.1.4 on my IPhone. Doorbell worked fine calling phones then after update DEAD SILENCE. Anyone know anything more than what has been listed in entry after entry that this problem is new. I've done everything and what was working great is now NOT WORKING. Any suggestions (other than delete this or that or reload or resync everything - done that already!)

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

We wanted to let you know that our development team is aware where some users are not receiving calls from the Arlo Audio Doorbell on iOS devices and is currently investigating this issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding about this and will provide any update as soon as we have more information to share.

aikok
Aspirant
Aspirant

I test just outside my door with wifi connect to my phone. I hit my doorbell and didn't get any phone call.. any helps? is that something wrong with your server?

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi all,

Wanted to provide you an update on this: Our team is aware of a reported issue in which iOS users are not receiving calls from Arlo Audio Doorbell via the Arlo App. We have confirmed that this issue occurs for those users who have installed the latest Arlo app version 2.7.4.

Thank you for your patience as our team continues to actively work on a fix. We will provide an update when we have more information. For real-time status updates on Arlo services, you can visit https://status.arlo.com/

Team Arlo

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update as of 10:18PM Pacific: Our team has implemented an interim solution that we believe should largely address this issue for iOS users. We are continuing to actively work to resolve the issue, and we will provide another update once this is confirmed. Thank you again for your patience. If you find you are still experiencing this issue, please reply to this thread and we’ll reach out to further assist you.

Team Arlo

AlanBale
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the update, what is the interim solution please?
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@AlanBale the interim solution doesn't require any interaction on your end. It should be working now, can you test your doorbell and confirm if it is working?

AlanBale
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can confirm it IS working now!

Thank you for your help 🙂
mde8965
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is working now too. With my bell 1.3 hardware) it’s actually working great. Voice interaction is loud enough too. Only issues I still see is after the phone call when I accept, the Arlo app seems to have issues loading up the video from my porch camera (Arlo Pro 2) and before it loads it is already giving the “press doorbell again to leave message” message. Yes I’ve rebooted the phone and the base, firmware on app, cameras and doorbell up to date. Cameras are hard wired “ powered”.
Anyway thanks for the fix to the iPhone problem.
Discussion stats