Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Anyone have an issue with the new app where it doesn't recognize the doorbell or chime?

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Jchan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone have an issue with the new app where it doesnt recognize the doorbell or chime? Whereas the old app does.

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would uninstall and reinstall the app.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jchan
Aspirant
Aspirant

As I suspected that did not work. Issue still exists where the doorbell is recognized in the Arlo Legacy and not the new Arlo app

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jchan wrote:
As I suspected that did not work. Issue still exists where the doorbell is recognized in the Arlo Legacy and not the new Arlo app

Does "not recognized" mean that it doesn't show up in the device list?  Or that you aren't getting notifications or calls?

Also, are Arlo Legacy and the new Arlo App both installed on the same device?  iOS or Android?

Jchan
Aspirant
Aspirant
It does not show up on the list. I have tried to install the doorbell as a new device and it does not recognize it at all . I have tried deleting the new app and reinstalling it that did not work . The same problem appears whether or not the Arlo Legacy app is installed . I am on an iOS platform
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If the doorbell is also missing from the web interface, then you might try resetting the doorbell before you add it again. https://kb.arlo.com/000061842/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Audio-Doorbell

Jchan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have already tried that multiple times without success. The legacy app has mo issues doing that.

I don’t believe the new app is battle tested for forced install on Sept 30. Hopefully it can be fixed and fully tested before then.
happy_flora
Tutor
Tutor
Also, are Arlo Legacy and the new Arlo App both installed on the same device?  iOS or Android?

I don’t believe the new app is battle tested for forced install on Sept 30. Hopefully it can be fixed and fully tested before then.

Jchan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Asked and answered in the previous. Doesnt matter if new arlo app is installed on the phone with or without the legacy app imstalled
Timkimwm
Aspirant
Aspirant

can any one tell me why my doorbell is not being discovered on my I-phone

it seems to be talking to the smart base station but not appearing on the app

I have tried all the reset /reboot tricks with base station and doorbell and app

was working until I tried to install arlo chime then it just disappeared from the app

Timkimwm
Aspirant
Aspirant

yep same problem except it is the same with both the old and new app

although it does seem as though the base station does discover the door bell but does not send the information to the phone and so the discovering device circle eventually times out 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're experiencing problems where the Arlo Audio Doorbell and Chime doesn't work on the new Arlo app after reinstalling the new Arlo app and rebooting your phone device, I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

whydavewhy
Aspirant
Aspirant

The  Arlo VNB5000 Ultra SmartHub Base Station does not recognize the Arlo Audio Doorbell nor the Arlo Chime. This has been an ongoing problem since September 2019, and nothing has been done to fix the issue. Last September, the moderator for this issue on the forum, recommended that customers contact Arlo Tech Support about it, but I just got off the phone with them, and they had no answer for the problem, after I was on the phone for 1 hour and 23 minutes.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey whydavewhy,

You mentioned that you contacted the support team regarding the issue you're having and they're not able to resolve it. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation