Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Today NETGEAR introduced Arlo™ Q 1080p HD Security Camera with Audio (VMC3040), the newest member of the award-winning Arlo IP camera family (www.arlo.com). With brilliantly detailed 1080p high-definition video and two-way communication, Arlo Q gives smart home security its biggest IQ boost yet.

To read the complete press release please visit: NETGEAR introduces Arlo Q.

To learn more about the product please visit: Arlo Q Specifications.

To see our new product video please visit: Arlo Wire-Free and Arlo Q Smart Security Cameras. The Perfect Pair. Every Angle Covered.

ArloQ.JPG

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
33 REPLIES 33
ant
Mentor
Mentor

So, this can be added to our existing Arlo system?

unco
Star
Star

Great to see the release notes mention Australia, but the prices listed don't have an Australian price.

Any info on pricing for us down under? Smiley Happy

DeadReckoner
Tutor
Tutor

I do not have wifi however, i do have a arlo base station for many wire free cameras. Can the arlo q connect to my wire free base station?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DeadReckoner,

In order for the Arlo Q to operate you must have an internet and WiFi connection via router on your home network.  You would not be able to connect an Arlo Q to an Arlo Base Station. See system requirements: Arlo Q Specifications.

Also consider taking a look at the Arlo Q FAQ for more information.

I hope this helps!

JamesC

mdgm-ntgr
Arlo Employee Retired

unco wrote:

Great to see the release notes mention Australia, but the prices listed don't have an Australian price.

Any info on pricing for us down under? Smiley Happy

Not yet. The Arlo Q will be available in Australia sometime early next year, but far enough out that pricing is not yet set.

livewire713
Apprentice
Apprentice

I already have five of the Arlo Wire Free cameras. Will I need to upgrade from my basic plan to add the Arlo Q to my system?

Spyder75
Star
Star

What is length of the power cord?  Could not find it listed in the specs.

Smildr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe I don't know where to look, but I can't find the information on the bandwidth needed for upload for the the new Q system. Does anyone know what this figure is?

KMKM
Star
Star

Hi,

That looks great. I have a few questions about the Arlo Q.

(1) At the moment on the pre-order it seems only available in the US. Will it be available in the UK and when? 

(2) In the UK will the 24/7 recording option become available. And also will it be able to save videos permanently to a PC?

(3) As someone said here, it will be good to know about the length of the cord.

Thanks for your help, have a great day

CloudHopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

That sounds like a very nice piece of kit. I wanted a camera for inside my garage. This might be the ticket.

I'll give it a few months and let other people "beta test" it for me first though.

I just hope Netgear are still working on improvements for the existing Arlo system, rather than abandoning it for new hardware.

DannyRose
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you ever receive a response to this?  Is the power cable replaceable/detachable or is it hard wired internally to the camera?

Thank you.

Tulley
Apprentice
Apprentice
devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

I hope they sell it with a long cable, or worst case scenario (what is most likely to happen) that they sell an optional longer cable for more mounting options.

Numbie
Initiate
Initiate

Has anyone found a release date for Australia?  Or if I buy it through Amazon will it be operational in Australia?

ldyesq
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the arlo 3 camera plus one camera and I ordered another camera but have not put it in.

I have the basic station. I would like to

1. Add the Q

2. Upgrade to annual 1 year elete

3. add the new camera on which would be five cameras and the Q when it comes.

Also how can I, if I can get live, does that happen with the Q?

Thank you.

KMKM
Star
Star

Will this camera be able to record through windows at night time?

Most cameras find it difficult at night time as the LED lights on the front reflect too much light back and you generally get terrible glare

Thanks

Tulley
Apprentice
Apprentice
nope. consider using an IR floodlight an covering the onboard leds?
ElayseePhilly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, dumb question - but is the Q WIFI or must it stay connected to my wi-fi router at all times? Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ElayseePhilly,

In order for the Arlo Q to function it must have access to a WiFi connection.

JamesC

livewire713
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since I never received a answer about adding the Arlo Q to my existing 5 camera setup. I ordered the blink.com 3 camera system for only $189.00. The reviews look good and Im pretty impressed with the demo video a buyer posted. The only negative item I've read is that it took longer to get to market then originally stated but now they're shipping.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

livewire713,

With the Basic plan there is a 5 camera limit with any combination of wired or wire-free cameras. So if you have 5 wire-free cameras currently, you would need to change your subscription to accommodate an Arlo Q device.

JamesC

TEMPA
Tutor
Tutor

Numbie wrote:

Has anyone found a release date for Australia?  Or if I buy it through Amazon will it be operational in Australia?

Any further update to this question? Looking to add one to my system but zero info as to an Australian onsale date and cost. 😞

jumpernz
Tutor
Tutor

James, when will the Queen camera be available in New Zealand?

Sorry about the thread hijack.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
jumpernz,

We are currently finalizing deployment to additional countries and will post an announcement once an official date has been released. We anticipate this announcement within the next few months, possibly sooner.

JamesC
Discussion stats