Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Meet Arlo Q – the newest addition to the Arlo family

Discussion stats
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Today NETGEAR introduced Arlo™ Q 1080p HD Security Camera with Audio (VMC3040), the newest member of the award-winning Arlo IP camera family (www.arlo.com). With brilliantly detailed 1080p high-definition video and two-way communication, Arlo Q gives smart home security its biggest IQ boost yet.

To read the complete press release please visit: NETGEAR introduces Arlo Q.

To learn more about the product please visit: Arlo Q Specifications.

To see our new product video please visit: Arlo Wire-Free and Arlo Q Smart Security Cameras. The Perfect Pair. Every Angle Covered.

ArloQ.JPG

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
33 REPLIES 33
JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is it possible to turn off the sound detection or microphone on the Arlo Q while still recording motion? I am thinking of privacy with the advantages of a cabled camera. On occasion, it would be helpful to have the choice.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JustLearning,

Yes, the microphone, speaker and sound detection can all be disabled on the Arlo Q if you do not wish to use these features.

JamesC

Burtis84
Aspirant
Aspirant

Quick question in relation to setting up audio recording. Will the Arlo Q be able to say record audio only if motion is triggered during the day and then record audio and video at night if motion is triggered?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Burtis84,

You can manipulate the type of rule used to record motion by setting different modes within a schedule. If you want sound detection on during the day but not at night, you can have a schedule set with modes for each. The schedule feature will allow the user the flexibility you describe.

JamesC

PDunky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,  

Purchased the four camera wireless system, love it!  Do you know when the Arlo Q will be available in Canada so I can add one camera to the outside front door for two way commincation?

Thank you. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pdunky,

Glad to hear you're happy with your four camera wire-free system! Thank you for the feedback.

We are currently finalizing deployment to additional countries and will post an announcement once an official date has been released. We anticipate this announcement within the next few months, possibly sooner.

JamesC
jumpernz
Tutor
Tutor
Waiting in NZ too. I wonder why it takes so long in some countries, after the launch announcement?
mjule
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you referring to the cord that goes from the Arlo base station to the router?

Golias
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just got one. It simply doesn't connect to my wifi. Even after getting the community help nobody knows how to solve the problem. Seems some other users experience the same problem. Thing twice before you buy.
Discussion stats