Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

JRD761
Tutor
Tutor

I'm trying to link my Google Home Assistant devices (Chromecast and Google Home Hub) to my 3 Arlo cameras. I was able to link my Arlo Account in the Google Home app, and the camera names show, but when you attempt to open a camera it says "Not Responding".
I've tried unlinking and relinking my Arlo Account multiple times and it still will not work.
Why won't this work?

310 REPLIES 310
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @tarmistead,

Are you referring to the Arlo Wire-Free camera? If so, they are currently not supported with the Google Assistant and do not have an ETA of when they will be available on the Google Assistant.

tarmistead
Tutor
Tutor
No, sorry I didn't get the equipment correct for this post. This for Arlo Pro Base, with Arlo and Arlo Pro cameras.
Fun4stuff
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sounds like none of the Arlo models are supported yet...
dcesquire
Guide
Guide
Maybe some models aren't supported but they promote this as a feature.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/landing/google-assistant/
Fun4stuff
Apprentice
Apprentice
But does it actually work for anyone? Not on my end.
RGill
Initiate
Initiate
I am talking about Arlo Pro and what I had to do for it to work is go to the app and run the live camera. While it is running then I can stream both in google app and Chromecast. If I close the arlo app and try to stream it fails. Just wanted to update that.
EVERTONEVERTON
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m also experiencing the same issues having just got and set up Pros today.

I have tried the ‘sync’ thing but it says an error has occurred while syncing Arlo
treag54
Initiate
Initiate
Any update on this problem? The Google Home connectivity feature was a huge reason why I chose this product.
DBrollins
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!!!

bibibobibo
Initiate
Initiate

OK, I think Arlo is fixing it.

It starts working for me now. It's a bit laggy at times, but at least it's able to stream the arlo pro camera streams to my Google Hub.

Parzival
Guide
Guide
I just tried again. Was able to get the devices to pop up in my Home, which is progress. Still “failed to load stream” and when I tried “hey google sync all my devices” it said “sure, syncing all Philips Hue devices, an error occurred while syncing Arlo”. That was new.
Sparky68
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine worked for a few hours yesterday morning. Since then I am getting same old problems:
Won't link;
Won't sync;
Google Assistant- "Not responding"I

Fun4stuff
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes , mine sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t over the last few days.
tonni
Initiate
Initiate
Fo me only one camera (Arlo pro) works, the rest (Arlo pro, pro 2 and Q) still don't..
Rmshah50
Aspirant
Aspirant
Google Home only supports the Arlo Cameras mentioned in the link below.

https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000000698f1beeca?hl=en-US
Tmack227
Tutor
Tutor

It seems the Arlo api is broken for all 3rd party integration. It no longer communicates with Google or Smartthings. Was working about 50% of the time but nothing for past few days.

I purchased a very expensive 6 camera system based solely on the Google integration. Seriously considering returning for all Nest cameras. 

So disappointed. Expected more from Netgear.

Fun4stuff
Apprentice
Apprentice
Netgear dumped them. They’re separate now.
chrisngrod
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have been able to view the stream in the past but the last couple days I get this (see attachment).

Just reboot base station and still doesn't work. Anyone else have this issue?
Pausty
Star
Star
Hi, I'm having exact same issue.
Did you happen to find out how to fix.
I think the last arlo update stuffed it up.
TomTalk
Initiate
Initiate

Hi all,

I am having issued with casting a live stream with my Arlo Baby. If i use the phone app, or any computer via web browser at my house (same network) i have a perfect live stream of my Arlo Baby camera. 

When i try to use either of my 2 chromecasts or my google home hub to display the camera stream it takes an extended time to (from my feeling) "buffer" then it runs at a 40-60second delayed stream with extremely low quality.

I have read about the 2 versions of the camera stream, the "local" stream which is when 2 devices are on the same network and the "non-local" stream if you are viewing the stream from outside your home network. I feel even though my chromecast's and my home hub are on the same network it for some reason is using the "non-local" streaming method when casting.

When it comes to baby monitoring, between 40-60 seconds doesnt really cut it. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

Genmidi
Star
Star

Has anyone gotten their Arlo Pro 2 to work with the Google Home Hub yet? Mine still refuses to connect and I've opened a ticket with the support team but still no luck so far.

BriscMoy
Star
Star

I have got it to connect, but then video stops and restarts continually. It is also very slow to connect, the person at the front door is well gone before video streams.

Arlo are still working to resolve so I have my fingers crossed

dcesquire
Guide
Guide

I've gotten my Arlo baby camera back online.  I think they fixed something on the backend.  I was finally able to link my arlo account to Google Home in the app and then asked Google Home to sync all devices.   I can now cast the camera to my TV using chromecast.

Comingback
Tutor
Tutor

I'm still having the same issues:

Smartthings says: There was a problem trying to retrieve live stream URL. (Smartthings used to work but hasn't worked for about the last month.)

Google Home says: Not Responding. (When trying to view the live stream. I have tried re-adding and re-syncing all devices)

Sadly I have been following this post for a while and have had my system system the Pro 2's came out. It has got me to starting thinking about looking at other options with how long this has taken to get working reliably. I hope they get it fixed soon.

treag54
Initiate
Initiate
Everything has been working great as of about a two weeks ago. I am able to view all 3 of my cameras in the Google Home and Smartthings apps. I am also able to Chromecast them as well.