Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sowersby
Tutor
Tutor

I get an e-mail when arlo goes off, but I also get 200 other e-mails a day thart are junk.  Really who looks at e-mail anymore? ARLO need to stand out!  Why cant arlo just make my phone ring when there is an alert?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sowersby
Tutor
Tutor

I had to muddle through the ARLO site for about an hour and found what I needed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
telekaster
Guide
Guide

I'd bet more people use email than read owner's manuals. 🙂

You can configure for your phone to be alerted and to turn off the emails. 

sowersby
Tutor
Tutor

LOL   No one love scarcasm more than me.   I would still be laughing but I did not  recieved such directions with my ARLO kit. I just recieved the Quick Start Guide and a warinig card not to use certain batterys.    So, why don't you use that sharp wit you yours to direct me in the right direction.  

First Sergeant US Army

Retired

telekaster
Guide
Guide

It just takes a little digging around the app, which is admittedly convoluted. I don't rememer if I got a manual or not but here is a copy:

http://arlo.com/en-us/images/documents/arlo_wirefree/arlo_wirefree_um.pdf?cid=PSarlogoogleps11.16AW-...

• open app > select mode  > select "Security Cameras".
  • Edit the desired mode by clicking on the pencil icon.
  • Under "Rules", edit each one (pencil icon) by deselecting the "Email Alerts" checkbox. Ensure that "Push Notification" is checked if you want phone alerts.
Dinerve
Apprentice
Apprentice

Or, if you really want your phone to actually ring, you can go down the IFTTT route (but I believe it works only for the US or something like that).

sowersby
Tutor
Tutor

I had to muddle through the ARLO site for about an hour and found what I needed.