Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo vs Nest

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Usahqjcsin
Guide
Guide

Both are NETGEAR prodigies, the question isi whether or not ARLO and NEST are or have integrated programing?  WILL they communicate with one another.  I was tld yes when I bought my Arlo system, however I can't seem to get ARLO to read the NEST thermostat or NEST to integrate with the cameras....Does anyone have the answer?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Currently Arlo has no integration capabilities with other devices.  You may be able to "roll your own" (one person here was able to create IFTTT rules but the update has broken that) but until Arlo officially supports such integration the answer is no.

jbkabss
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

Currently Arlo has no integration capabilities with other devices.  You may be able to "roll your own" (one person here was able to create IFTTT rules but the update has broken that) but until Arlo officially supports such integration the answer is no.

The folks at Best Buy are telling their customers that the two systems are in fact compatible.  FYI

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You also realize that 8 months have gone by since that post you're replying to. A lot has happened since then. IFTTT and SmartThings, just for starters.