Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iOS 15.2 and Arlo app 3.5.10 (2888) - HomeKit Not Available

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Was going to add my VMB4540 base station back to HomeKit today and noticed that the option is not available within the Arlo app.   Current Arlo app version is 3.5.10 (2888) and running iOS 15.2.   Is this a known issue, and if so, can we please have an update on a fix?

8 REPLIES 8
Suavechef
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have recently discovered that the HomeKit option in my Arlo app has gone missing. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max I. iOS 15.2. My Arlo app is up to date.

HomeKit still works flawlessly in the home app but I just don’t have the menu option anymore. After reaching out to Arlo support I have lost faith as they were not helpful.

Does this need a token reset?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi adammiarka,

I was trying to request a token reset to your Base Station but it looks like your Base Station is showing offline. If you still need a token reset, please have your Base Station online and let us know so we can help send a token reset to your Base Station.

Hey Suavechef,

If you're able to view your videos through the Apple Home app, then you should be fine. You could also try rebooting your iOS device to see if it shows up. Could you also verify if you have other iOS devices that doesn't show the "HomeKit" option?

Suavechef
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried rebooting and checked homekit on my Mac and iPad (including the app) and now the camera's are showing no response.  As if the troubleshooting with support knocked them offline.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you able to see your cameras showing up on the Arlo app?

Suavechef
Aspirant
Aspirant

They still show in the arlo app.  Just no longer via homekit.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station, which should hopefully resolve your issue. Please reboot your Base Station (remove and reapply power) and allow the Base Station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Suavechef
Aspirant
Aspirant

That didn't work.  I did however remove the original homekit integration.  Can you send again and I can see if that fixes it?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If that still didn't work, I'd suggest navigating to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you, which includes live chat.