Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wire free doorbell video won't stream on my Google Next Hub Max or my nest hub

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Kronborg79
Follower
Follower

The video won't stream on my Google Next Hub Max or my nest hub. I tried lowering the resolution to both 1080x1080 and 720x720 but it didn't work. I tried resynching and resetting all devices included the router multiple time - didn't help.

Streaming in the phone app works great, and the wi-fi symbol indicates a good connection.

At the beginning it worked fine, but suddenly it won’t work?! What can I do??

Help!

21 REPLIES 21
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Kronborg79

Thank you for reporting this. I have a few questions for you.

• Do you mind providing a screenshot of any error message you see when trying to stream?
  • Can you provide your router, ISP information
  • Also when did this issue suddenly occur? 

Thank you

Wade_W
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello same concern at home. Direct reading no longer works on all connected screens (Nest hub, Nest Hub Max, Lenovo). The error message is: streaming playback is unavailable). However, it works if I ask my Nest hub, for example, to stream Arlo to Nest hub max or another device.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Wade_W

Can you provide the information from the previous post above?

Thank you

Wade_W
Aspirant
Aspirant
the problem appeared this weekend. My router is Archer C6, my Nesthubs are in 5ghz.
Wade_W
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any news ?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Wade_W

Who is your internet service provider and can you provide a screenshot of the error message/screen.

Thank you

Wade_W
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am in France, my Internet service provider is SFR ... the bug is attached ... as in my first post
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Wade_W

Thank you, I will provide another update as soon as possible.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Wade_W

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Thank you for your feedback!

Wade_W
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks
toto76
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

Since a while (don't know exactly how long) the streams of both my cameras are not available on the Google nest display but they are working flawlessly on the Google home app.

I tried already to reconnect arlo to Google but with no luck.

Can you help me out?

Thanks in advance,
Toto
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with not being able to stream to the Google Hub? if so, can you try rebooting your video doorbell and test the stream again.

Thank you

Charnz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am still having the same issue. Any updates?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Charnz

The development team is still investigating the issue. I will provide an update when the fix is deployed. 

Thank you

Daniel_87
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am experiencing a very similar issue. I’ve tried everything to get the wireless doorbell to stream to my Google Hub, but to no avail.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved with the latest FW version. Can you please reboot your doorbell and make sure you have the latest firmware version installed on your wire free doorbells: AVD2001_OTA-1.2.1.0_480_2bc43d0_b595c6d.prod

Wade_W
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I just restarted my Doorbell and unfortunately no difference ... the stream does not start on my Nest hubs. I have the firmware 1.2.1.0_480
Screenshot_2021-09-01-07-11-12-775_com.arlo.app.jpg
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Wade_W

Are your nest devices up to date and have you tried rebooting them as well?

Thanks

Wade_W
Aspirant
Aspirant
yes my Nest hubs are up to date and they have been restarted ... i will wait a few more days ... but i think i will reorient myself to the new Nest Doorbell.
Jimills
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue at Christmas 2021. Camera works on everything but my Nest Hub. Very frustrating seeing as my wife saw this no maintenance camera and thought it better for me than the "nest" brand. She has since changed her mind and we will be switching over to the Google best products in the future. Shouldn't say compatible if they aren't. Sorry this happened to you but you have confirmed my decision to move products.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jimills

Can you provide more detail regarding this issue you are experiencing? 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

Thank you