Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Would like to view mix of Arlo Pro2 and Pro3 cameras (12 total) on Apple HomeKit's grid view

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
iceman80
Tutor
Tutor

I have 8 Pro2's and 4 Pro3 cameras.  All are powered via usb, batteries are really just for backups.  None are set to CVR, they are all just motion sensing.  All I want to do is be able to set up an Apple TV with HomeKit to show a grid of all 12 cameras.  I can do this but the cameras sometimes work every few seconds (will take a quick snapshot, which I'm totally fine with) or will go "Live" in the grid view of Apple TV's HomeKit.  Then the cameras might eventually all show up with one snapshot and then camera by camera go black.  Some may go "Live" for several seconds but then also eventually go black.  Like they are disconnected.  It's random which cameras will show a snapshot, which cameras show "Live", and which cameras never connect to this grid view of Apple TV's HomeKit and just stay black.

I just simply want all 12 cameras to show a snapshot every minute or so.  I would even accept snapshots, without any "Live" views.  I believe the Arlo base stations have a maximum limit of live viewing so I would assume that this mess is because of this hardware limitation.  But I've read on Arlo's site that this limit of viewing can't be expanded with multiple Arlo base/smart stations.  I have a VMB4000 and a VMB4050 (I think, it came with the Pro3 pack).  I've tried completely resetting and re-adding all cameras to BOTH the 4000 and 4050, 12 on each.  I've tried splitting the cameras 6 to 6 on each station, thinking that the bandwidth splitting to both stations may allow the grid view to work.  It did not.  I've tried the HomeCam app on the AppStore for $5 but unfortunately it only relies on the HomeKit's streams/connections.  So the cameras on HomeCam also go disconnected/black/etc at random times, sometimes being all of the cameras are disconnected/black.  HomeCam does allow more options but it seems to only help if your cameras are solid to Apple's HomeKit first.

Is there any way whatsoever that I can get my 8 Pro2 and 4 Pro3 cameras (and I have two stations as well, if needed, however all are connected to the 4000 at the moment) to show up on an Apple TV's HomeKit grid view and see at the very least an updated snapshot image of each camera every minute or two?  Or is this just not possible in the Arlo ecosystem?

0 REPLIES 0