Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Notification Mute

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dawgfan56
Follower
Follower

I would like to see more "Notification Mute" options.  Why isn't there an option for 6 or 8hrs ?  You give us 30min, 1hr, 3hrs, and 24hrs.  More options are needed so we don't have to go back and reset it when we're outside.

BTW......  This is ridiculous not being able to directly email Customer Support for an answer !

2 REPLIES 2
Sben80
Tutor
Tutor

I have a similar relevant problem that can build onto your problem.

I'm having issues posting my thread to the community. App needs work and so does this site. Any idea what the label field is for? It keeps saying what I type in there is invalid... So, I'm piggybacking on yours 😄

I just installed 8 cameras and love them. Already warded off some hoodlums wandering the street and saw the neighbor dumping trash over my wall. 🙂

I know there is an option in the app to silence your whole system for a set period of time, but I’d like to see individual silencing functionality on notifications in addition to your increased time frame. Maybe just add a checkbox interface to select individual cameras that you want silenced, instead of a blanket "silence all". And add a scroll wheel interface like when you're setting a timer on your phone.

I have three cameras in my back yard, I have two dogs, and I work out there a lot. So, they ding my phone constantly when all of us are out there. I’d like to silence those notifications for a timeframe and keep the rest of the camera notifications active. Like the one pointed at my delivery locations and driveway.

Turning off the cameras is not an option, as I'll probably forget to turn them back on.
Seems like both these are both simple application modifications.

There is a locked post from 2019 that says it was resolved, but it really isn't. Maybe we'll get our wish in 2022?

ArloUsername12
Initiate
Initiate
Let us enter the hours to mute for.