Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Weird Arlo / Chromecast / Google Home Event

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

"Hey, Google, show Exterior 1 camera on Big TV."

"Okay, showing Exterior 1 camera on Big TV."

Exterior 1 camera shows up on the family room TV. 

"Hey Google, stop showing Exterior 1 camera."

"You got it. Stopping showing Exterior 1 camera on Big TV."

Chromecast default screen comes up on TV. Change inputs to watch cable.

Later noticed that I was getting no notifications from Exterior 1. Cameras should have been armed on Schedule but when I checked the mode, instead of the app and web interface telling me what mode was running on the schedule, it just showed the schedule clock. Like the camera was off.The schedule itself was correct. Went to Exterior 1 camera in the modes it is in, and it said that it was on, and push notifications were on, but when I looked at the camera itself it was disarmed when it should have been armed. Not only that, but the order of cameras on the app and in the GUI had changed, putting Exterior 1 from top to bottom (and left to right). Huh? The camera had disarmed (GUI running man gray) though the schedule and the mode and rules said it was fine. 

Killed the modes that contained that camera, rewrote them, rewrote the schedule, and everything came back fine, except the camera order, which I then changed back to how I had it.

So ... not sure what that was all about, but I believe that perhaps there is something with backing Google Home out of showing the camera on Chromecast kept the camera stuck in the live mode (big maybe), but that does not explain everything. Perhaps there was something in the voice command I did wrong when stopping it but I haven't a clue since it never did that before. Very curious, and if anyone else has an input on this I would appreciate it.

0 REPLIES 0