Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Basestation IFTTT

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mrodrigues9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently added a basestation with 3 cameras to my account and ifttt dosn't show it as an option, it is only showing my one arlo q device

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @mrodrigues9,

What applet are you trying to use and what cameras are you trying to connect with?

mrodrigues9
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the kit VMS3330W that comes with the basestation and the three arlo hd devices.  I am just trying to use a simple on and off at a certian time in IFTTT as I want to use the time schedule to turn off and on twice a day

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you send the link of the IFTTT applet/recipe or a screenshot that you are trying to use?

mrodrigues9
Aspirant
Aspirant

https://ifttt.com/applets/90516850d-if-every-day-of-the-week-at-08-00-am-on-mon-tue-wed-thu-fri-then...

this is the applet I want to use, it is simply a at this time arm the cameras, I want them to arm at 8 am and turn off at 5 pm during the week and then turn on again at 11 pm and turn off at 6 am so therefore i can't use the built in schedule

attached you will find my two device setup but IFTTT only shows the living room camera in the options for this recipie

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the link. 

What you can do if you just want to arm them at a certain time with schedule without using IFTTT, try the following:

- Set Armed schedule for 8 AM to 5 PM

- Set another Armed schedule for 11 to 11:59 PM

- Set last Armed schedule at 12 AM to 6 AM

mrodrigues9
Aspirant
Aspirant
I understand that my issue is that when I set this rule up I only have the option for my one separate camera and not the basestation cameras
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You can also set up the rules with the cameras linked with your Base Station. What you can do is go to Mode > Choose your Base Station > Schedule. You can also set "Custom Mode" if you want to choose certain cameras.