Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 49 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
mike_pace
Tutor
Tutor

Hello.

I have an 8-camera, 2-base, Arlo Wire Free system.  These have all been intergrated into Smartthings for a couple of years now.  The cameras are always Armed, and the ST app controls what to do when motion is seen.  Using the cameras as motion detectors, and using dedicated motion detectors, ST sends me a text message, and tells the affected camera to record for 30 seconds.  This  all worked great up until about two weeks ago.  Now all I get are the text messages indicating that motion was seen.  No video is recorded.  I also cannot stream video in the ST app, but can turn off and on the camera, and see battery and motion status.  I have removed and reinstalled the cameras into Smartthings.  Twice.  I have contacted Smartthings.  They started a support ticket, but I have not heard anything back from them, despite several prompts from me.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

49 REPLIES 49
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Smartthings automation with Arlo is down.  Samsung diagnosed and found it to be on Arlo's side.

Arlo if you guys are reading this, please fix!

-Robert
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I record to the Arlo cloud but use Smartthings integration for the motion triggers. I've just gone into both the Smartthings Classic and new Smartthings apps and, like you, I cannot view the stream. I suspect a change on the Arlo side of things with Arlo Smart being widely released recently. Please go to the bottom of the page and click "Contact Support" and follow through to opening a support ticket about this. I'll do the same. Hopefully a few tickets will get the situation sorted quicker

brh
Master
Master

Hi @mike_pace

I haven't been able to view the videos in Smartthings for a long time now. I think they were considering making that feature a paid feature then after that it quit playing videos for me. So, you are no alone.

Brian

bspalding100
Guide
Guide

Same issue here and it started about 2 weeks ago for me as well. I will open a ticket, but wanted to chime in that you are not alone with this issue. I also suspect something on the Arlo end, as has worked for almost a year for me and it seems to have coincided with release of some of the new Arlo features. Tried restarting my base stations (I have 2), deleting and re-adding to ST, etc. No luck so far.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @RobertRosal,

What problems are you specifically having with the integration of SmartThings and Arlo?

mike_pace
Tutor
Tutor

I started a support ticket with Arlo, but need to find the time to complete all of their troubleshooting steps, like removing and installing the base units and cameras again. I also started a support ticket with ST. They had me remove and re-integrate the cameras in the ST app. Still nothing. They are gong to elevate the ticket to level 2. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I don't think any of your (user) troubleshooting steps will resolve this for you (us) at this stage but you can go through the process if you want. I think it's the ST Classic app that says the URL for the stream is incorrect. Doubt that'll be anything that a user can fix. Keep us posted how you get on though

mike_pace
Tutor
Tutor
You said the “classic” app. Does this mean the new ST app doesn’t have this problem. I tried the new one when is first came out, but preferred the classic. I’m certainly willing to give it a try. I’ll let you know how it goes.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It also doesn't work in the new app but it doesn't give the URL error message in that

Mobalized
Tutor
Tutor

Smartthings is sending triggers for Arlo to start recording (shown in Smartthings notification screen), but the recordings never take place on the Arlo side. Started toward the end of November for me.

Nashkidd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Doesnt work for me either. Tried both apps.
Called Samsung and they don't have a clue. Said this has to be something in the arlo credentials and opened a ticket.
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@JessicaP wrote:

Hey @RobertRosal,

What problems are you specifically having with the integration of SmartThings and Arlo?

Hi Jessica, I recently noticed that automations that I set in SmartThings using motion sensors to activate recordings on an Arlo camera no longer works.  I have two cameras that have been set that way for over a year and recently no longer work.

I have contacted Samsung SmartThings to diagnose and they have found that something has changed on Arlo's end and why it no longer works.   They have told me to sumbit a ticket with you but unfortunately with my work schedule I have not had the time, so I am glad you caught my post.

If you can get this resolved would be great!

-Robert
mike_pace
Tutor
Tutor
I too started at ticket with Samsung. After I jumped through a few hoops, they elevated the ticket to Tier 2. I jumped another hoop, reported no change in operation, and I have not heard back. I also started a ticket with Arlo, and did the first round of resetting the cameras and base. I don’t have the time to spend hours on the phone.
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

In my mind it has to be with a change that Arlo did.  I have already did some trouble shooting with Samsung.  What we have tried so far was to reset my sensors, replace the sensors with another, point the sensor to another camera, go into ide and see if all was correct.

I then did some trouble shooting with the Arlo and since I have an extra base I worked with that.  Reset the base, reset the camera, nothing works!  Since we are all having the same issue and when I think back when it started, it seemed to all start with the addition/changes of Arlo smart.

-Robert
SantanderUSA
Guide
Guide

I started to have the very same problem with Arlo not recording and also changing my mode status from my Custom mode to disarmed.

It all started a week or two ago since Arlo added new features to Arlo Smart. I am paying for Arlo Smart.

Nashkidd
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was having the same issue and uninstalled the arlo credentials in Smartthings under connected services and it solved the disarming issue.
mike_pace
Tutor
Tutor
I had the “disarming” issue about six or eight months ago. One of the community members advised me to ditch the ST mode, and just leave the cameras armed, then use the ST app to control when to alert and record. Worked great. I don’t believe this new problem is related to this.
SantanderUSA
Guide
Guide

Thank you guys for the advice. I deleted ST mode and works now. The problem getting ST to record from cameras or have just a feed dont work yet.

Thanks both of you for your prompt response.

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@SantanderUSA wrote:

Thank you guys for the advice. I deleted ST mode and works now. The problem getting ST to record from cameras or have just a feed dont work yet.

Thanks both of you for your prompt response.

Hi SantanderUSA,

When you say it is working now, what is working now?  Does your sensor on Smartthings trigger a recording?

-Robert
SantanderUSA
Guide
Guide

The issue with Arlo changing from a "custom mode" to "disarming" by itself got fixed when I deleted ST mode, but I still can't see live feed from cameras in ST classic app in my mobile (the only one I use), that did not get fixed... 😞

SantanderUSA
Guide
Guide

....and my ST motion sensor (zooZ) does not trigger the Arlo camera. Still testing.

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@SantanderUSA wrote:

....and my ST motion sensor (zooZ) does not trigger the Arlo camera. Still testing.

That is what alot of us are experiencing.

-Robert
mike_pace
Tutor
Tutor
Does anyone from Arlo tech support ever cruise this forum? It would seem the prudent thing to do, if they were at all interested in finding out how their products are working.
mike_pace
Tutor
Tutor
Which vintage of Arlo cameras does everyone have, who are experiencing the ST video problem? Mine are the original Arlo Wire-Free. The last video I recorded because of a motion trigger in the ST system was November 21.