Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB5000 Home Kit Stuck

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
MrG95
Follower
Follower

Trying to connect hub to home kit. Stuck at connecting to bridge. Loads forever. I rebooted everything I can think of (hub, cameras, router, phone). I need help!

22 REPLIES 22
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

HaliaRanch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having same issue
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

RHitchcock
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also unable to connect my SmartHub to HomeKit. I followed the instructions in https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-device-to-Apple-HomeKit. Trying to connect from the Home app, it gets stuck and eventually times out at "Connecting to Bridge" and says "Accessory Not Found." Trying to connect from Arlo Secure, it sits forever at "Discovering your device. Please wait."

How do I resolve this? I have the latest firmware. I've restarted everything. Is there any way for people to resolve this themselves?

Thank you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RHitchcock,

JamesC

stelchor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,
I just purchased an Arlo Ultra 2 camera kit and the smarthub VMB5000r6 is unable to be added to Apple Home Kit. Using the Arlo Secure app, it is stuck at the Connecting ui. When trying to connect through the Apple Home App, it says that the accessory can not be used with home kit.

Can I please get some help? Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

stelchor,

JamesC

Japie52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stuck at ”Connecting to Accessory”.   Rebooted VMB 5000.  Same result.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Japie52

Can you bring your Smart Hub back online and I will reset your HomeKit token.

Japie52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station has been back on line for three days with no change.

Japie52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still awaiting a token for my Smart hub.  As an aside, the QR code is never accepted when using the camera and I have to key in the numbers each time I try and connect.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Japie52

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

Japie52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  All good now!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Perfect, let me know if you need anything else : )

PatrickDBO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Same problem here whilst connecting new VMB5000. 
Tried to reset everything. No luck. 
Stuck at connecting to bridge. 
Please help. 

Patrick

Tayfam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, could I have a HomeKit token? Thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PatrickDBO, Tayfam

JamesC

Tayfam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, I was able to connect the hub to HomeKit. Happy Holidays!

PatrickDBO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James. 
it works!

Patrick

BarkA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,
My configuration, Arlo Ultra 2  (x4) camera kit and the smarthub VMB5000r6 is unable to be added to Apple Home Kit. Using the Arlo Secure app, it is stuck at the Connecting ui. When trying to connect through the Apple Home App, it says that the accessory can not be used with home kit.

Can I please get some help? Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BarkA,

JamesC

BarkA
Aspirant
Aspirant

TY James, everything seem okay now!