Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
davevon
Tutor
Tutor

After installing the current firmware for my Arlo Pro (1.14.1.2_2916_1fdeefd)  the option to connect to Apple HomeKit has been removed.  Is this intentional? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved, Please contact the Support Team if you are still experiencing this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @davevon

I have a few questions for you,

Did you previously have the base & camera connected to Homekit?

Are you trying to set up the base with Homekit?

Do you see the Homekit section within the app under Settings > My Devices > Select Base > "Homekit"?

davevon
Tutor
Tutor

No, I have never been able to connect the basestation to HomeKit but always got option to try.  I had removed my basestation, per knowledge base fix, and was reconnecting my station to the app to adding it to HomeKit but in the process of restoring the basestation the firmware updated... now the option to connect to HomeKit is not there anymore.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@davevon

Would it be possible to provide a screenshot of the missing Homekit feature in the app? This should be present within: Settings > My Devices > Select Base > "Homekit"?

Please provide a screenshot if possible.

davevon
Tutor
Tutor
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@davevon

Thank You for the screenshot. May I ask which version of iOS you are running on your iPhone & what is the version of the Arlo app you are using?

davevon
Tutor
Tutor

IPhone 8, IOS 13.2, Arlo app vs 2.10, hardward VMB4000r3, firmware 1.14.1.2_2916_1fdeefd

To reiterate the issue.. the option to connect to HomeKit was there until I had removed the basestation from the app, and then re-connected the basestation.  I haven't seen the option since.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the info, I was able to reproduce the issue & I will pass this info along to the team and provide an update as soon as possible.

Chuck123123
Aspirant
Aspirant
davevon
Tutor
Tutor
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary
Reinstall the app!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved, Please contact the Support Team if you are still experiencing this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support