Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
ehlersg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to add the Apple Home Kit to my VMB4000 base station. I'm following Article ID: 000062279. I don't have a setup code on my base station so am using the setup an Arlo device without a setup code instructions.

In step 4, the Homekit option is not available within the app.

1. Launch the Arlo Secure app on your Apple device.
2. Tap Settings > My Devices.
3. Select an Arlo Base Station.
4.Tap HomeKit.

I have several Homekit devices working on my network. The Arlo Hub is plugged into the same network via an Ethernet connection to my router.

Any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ehlersg
Aspirant
Aspirant

That allowed me to see the Homekit option. When attempting to add the Homekit I receive the error "Unable to Add Accessory. Accessory is out of Compliance. I powered down the base station and restarted and now everything works. Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token. Can you remove and reinstall the Arlo app and check again. 

ehlersg
Aspirant
Aspirant

That allowed me to see the Homekit option. When attempting to add the Homekit I receive the error "Unable to Add Accessory. Accessory is out of Compliance. I powered down the base station and restarted and now everything works. Thank you.

klphan870
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - can you please reset my HomeKit token as well?  I cannot connect my Arlo hub to my HomeKit.  Thank you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

klphan870,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC