Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
TechEnthusiast
Tutor
Tutor

All of my Arlo cameras have been showing “not responding” in Apple Home app as of 6/25/2023.

I’ve removed my Arlo hub from HomeKit but I’m unable to add it setup Arlo to HomeKit. When I try to run setup, it get stuck on discovering devices.

Can I please get a token reset so that I may be able to re-add my hub/cameras back to Apple

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate reports of HomeKit not working with VMB5000 SmartHubs. We do not advise any troubleshooting on your part to attempt to resolve this issue at this time.

You can keep updated on this issue at status.arlo.com

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are continuing to work diligently toward a solution.

JamesC

158 REPLIES 158
miked4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing happened to me.

alvin0033
Aspirant
Aspirant

the camera and the hub cannot connect to HomeKit. Can you reset the HomeKit token for my device ?

The_1_GR81
Aspirant
Aspirant
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I am having the same issue as well where I cannot get past the “Discovering your device. Please wait.” and unable to add to HomeKit. Can you please assist as the phone support was unable to resolve my issues. 

Model

VMB5000r4

S/N 

5GH29177A283E

FW

1.21.1.0_1429_898b168

Ar8810
Tutor
Tutor

Same here Arlo support says working on it…but no responses yet in forum, also monitoring says all systems good, that’s true but they don’t have a category to say HomeKit! Arlo please update to avoid so much of frustration for all users.

overdrive31
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to view my cameras in HomeKit as of 6-26-23. Please fix this Arlo!

overdrive31
Aspirant
Aspirant
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edinburgh_lad1 wrote:

I think concrete evidence needs to be presented before any claims. 

No idea if this was triggered by the firmware updates or not, but there is a flood of token reset requests in the forum right now.

No matter the cause, the token needs to be reset.

The_1_GR81
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get a token reset?

overdrive31
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think it is an Apple issue, my Level Lock is unlocked, yet is listed as Locked in HomeKit..

EVermillion
Initiate
Initiate

I need a token reset as well please

Olega
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I please get a HomeKit token reset homebase VMB5000r6

f360mf1
Initiate
Initiate

Include me in the group of people who need a token reset on 2 VMB5000 base stations.  I cannot connect to Arlo from Homekit any more :-(.

Thanks,
Jon

Daniel-S
Tutor
Tutor

Can you sent me a homekit token reset.

ajgale75
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has in other threads. Waiting for  someone from Arlo to respond. 

Mickhey
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue.  Rebooting the base stations and re-launching HomeKit and Arlo Secure apps don’t fix it.

EVermillion
Initiate
Initiate

I lost my HomeKit on the 26th.  I have done everything, reboot all devices, soft reset of all devices, removed all the cameras and reentered them again,  I hear that this is happening to many people, please send a token resent or something to get HomeKit back on line.  The arlo app takes so long to open a live feed, HomeKit was much much better.  Thank you for your help

Eric

Olega
Aspirant
Aspirant

HomeKit Arlo cams show no response now. Everything worked for over a year. Everything up to date. Restarting home base, router, modem did not help. Arlo App works. I heard that HomeKit token needs to be reset. Can you please help? 
homebase VMB5000r6

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate reports of HomeKit not working with VMB5000 SmartHubs. We do not advise any troubleshooting on your part to attempt to resolve this issue at this time.

You can keep updated on this issue at status.arlo.com

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are continuing to work diligently toward a solution.

JamesC

Daniel-S
Tutor
Tutor

I need a HomeKit token reset - how do I acquire a reset?

andru13
Aspirant
Aspirant

token reset doesn't work just fyi.  

Olega
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have level locks. At first they show not responding. After locking and unlocking from native app it works and show correct status for me. Everything else works, including cameras that other then Arlo and all other devices are working perfectly fine in Apple HomeKit. Arlo cameras and bridge show no response in HomeKit. 

The_1_GR81
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still need a token reset though.

hessstation
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, can I also get a token reset please? 

Deako
Aspirant
Aspirant

HomeKit has stopped responding. Power turn off and on for both base station and HomeKit pod. When tapping on HomeKit set up it comes up with devices found but lists nothing. Arlo just sits there with its search going in circles.