Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
5ZVP
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've been using arlo cameras and doorbell for a couple of years now. My arlo is linked with smartthings. I noticed that arlo now has a smartthings mode but my arlo does not has this. What does mode do? Do I needed? How do I get this Smartthings mode on to my arlo app?
7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @5ZVP 

Where are you locating the "SmartThings mode"?

5ZVP
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo base station has Armed, Disarmed, Scheduled,  Geofencing Modes nut not Smartthings mode. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@5ZVP wrote:

My arlo base station has Armed, Disarmed, Scheduled,  Geofencing Modes nut not Smartthings mode. 

Your earlier post made it sound like you were seeing that mode.

Here's more info on smarthings:

5ZVP
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo is currently linked to Smartthings and I don't have Smartthings mode in my Arlo Base Station.  If I  unlink Smartthings and then relink would Smartthings mode show up?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@5ZVP wrote:

My Arlo is currently linked to Smartthings and I don't have Smartthings mode in my Arlo Base Station.  If I  unlink Smartthings and then relink would Smartthings mode show up?

There is no "Smartthings mode" in the base station,

The instructions for integrating your cameras into SmartThings are in the link I posted earlier.

jordancemery
Aspirant
Aspirant

From what I understand they did away with the smartthings mode.  The integration is pretty much broken and rendered useless.  There really is no integration any more to smartthings, as you cannot do anything with the cameras through the "integration" that currently exists.  Yet Arlo continues to market that they "integrate" or "works with" smartthings.  

It would be nice to create routines within smartthings and utilize all of the functionality of the cameras.  For instance Vehicle or Person detected at night, turn on a virtual outlet that will make an announcement on a certain Amazon Echo Device.  Currently you would need to create a bunch of virtual devices, and utilize IFTTT, and Amazon to get it to work.  

There used to be an absolutely amazing integration between the two platforms, it was great, until it broke.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jordancemery wrote:

From what I understand they did away with the smartthings mode. 

AFAIK, there never was a "smartthings mode" in the Arlo app.

Though it's clear that overall Arlo's partner integration has slipped.