Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SmartThings integration failing (motion events)

hoicju
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi. I have a problem integrating Smartthings and Arlo. I took a screen recording to show the problem: http://youtu.be/WscnGEcJos4. The biggest problem is that now Smarthings is not receiving information from the motion sensor in Arlo cameras and my automation no longer works.
8112EC25-8801-41AC-9AE7-4084E6E677AE.png
Best answers
  • Arlbroke
    Guide
    Guide

Mine started working yesterday.  I had to unlink and relink the Arlo account to Smartthings.  I also had to redo the smartlighting automations in Smartthings.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing your feedback, I have notified the Development team & we are working on a release for early next week. I will be sure to update you as soon as I hear more!

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. The issue with the Arlo SmartThings integration and not receiving alerts should now be resolved. You do not need to relink your devices, you should now be receiving your automation alerts.

464 REPLIES 464
hoicju
Apprentice
Apprentice
@Oabujaradeh
Alexa, Apple Homekit and Home Assistant (aarlo HACS component) work without problems with Arlo.

As for me.. I moved automations to Home Assistant
LivesInThought
Guide
Guide
g-spot
Tutor
Tutor

We’ll probably be notified by a mystical, magical unicorn ridden by a care bear who will deliver the message of a fix to us all personally…

IDK…been suffering through this nonsense since late last year.  Who knows how or when they’ll fix the stuff that we all paid large sums of money for that seems to he all but useless now.

but I digress…

Binh
Tutor
Tutor
have same issue.. try remove added service, update firmware.. recreate routine.. all not work.. motion sensor not send comand to smartthink as condition to activate other smart devices
Smedberg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, waiting for a solution!

JohnT4423
Guide
Guide

Mine was working for a good 2 weeks, and now it it back to no motion events..  Very frustrating as I put all my automations back in place and deleted my Alexa routines. 

arlomike
Star
Star
Looks like they broke it again. Sigh.
Arlbroke
Guide
Guide

I had it working well for a couple of weeks now it is not working again.  How had can this be?  Worked well for several years, Dec 23 stop working.  Finally got it working again about 2 weeks ago and now broke again.

arlomike
Star
Star
Same. Worked for a week or so and then broke on 2/16.
CLHVA
Aspirant
Aspirant
FYI for anyone with an Amazon Alexa. I used Alexa routines to successfully turn on my Wemo lights around my house on Arlo motion. Then turns them off after a few minutes. Like many I was using smartthings until it stopped working. The routines are not as easy to set up as smartthings but it accomplishes what I want.
BxBillBx
Star
Star
Sure do miss having my lights turning on due to motion events from my cameras.
mwf369
Guide
Guide

Same here!

SmartThings integration was the reason I selected Arlo.

GrahamMo
Tutor
Tutor
January 18 someone tried to get in our car. Would have been nice if Arlo’s motion trigger had worked and turned on all the car port lights.

Here’s the video:
Just saw this on Neighbors: https://neighbors.ring.com/n/ZGdeg48sWV
DaveGa
Aspirant
Aspirant
What's going on here, Arlo people? Your product has been down for two months and you continue dragging your feet!
TM03
Aspirant
Aspirant
This still isn’t working for me, I have removed the devices and added them back in regularly to see if it’s been fixed but doesn’t work. Seems to work for about 10 seconds then dead again.
Samsung support get a 0/10 for support with this issue too.
Patience is running out
jerllouk
Tutor
Tutor
How long is this going to last? I don't have a subscription so Arlo won't even let me notify them or open a request. I'm about ready to try a different product and put these on eBay.
CLHVA
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got tired of waiting so I ended up using Alexa to turn on lights when my Arlo’s trigger. It is the same scenario I had with ST, if any of my 5 cams see motion between certain hours then all my exterior lights come on they are Wemo. I had it through smart things now Alexa. It’s a little more cumbersome to set up through Alexa rather than ST but it works. I already had an Alexa so that was my fix.
Tseyvar
Star
Star

This is really getting old. I have so many Webcore pistons and Smartthings automations that rely on arlo motion detection outside. Nothing has been working for a while now. My pistons that operate my Arlo cameras and lights that don't rely on motion detection work fine.

Millsjq
Star
Star

What a pain in the , My 1st ticket was submitted in November.  All my webcore functionality is useless, what other cameras work with Smarthings? I am ready to move on.   I have been unlinking and relinking Smarthings every week. Sometimes it then works for part of day, sometimes a day, and until last week, It was working for almost three week straight!  I not sure if they dont care or are incompetent  

Binh
Tutor
Tutor

temporary using Alexa over smarting now

Coelho5br
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS 
I have the same issue and add and remove de camera from SmartThings did not help. Already restarted the SmartThings Hub, Arlo base and still the same. Anything else I can try?

LivesInThought
Guide
Guide

I suspect it will require an update from Arlo, or for people to start using different cameras.

TM03
Aspirant
Aspirant
Great idea thank you. I’ve handed over responsibility to Alexa and working as I need it to now. Probably won’t go back to SmartThings for this functionality should they ever fix it.
Millsjq
Star
Star

How are you all using Alexa.  When working, I had notifications as a way to execute webcore pistons.  So my front camera would notify whomever was home during the day, not when one of use was away but both when we were all away. Then another piston would execute after a set time at night, motion from any of the three cameras, would activate the siren for 10sec, turn on selective lights, speak a message trough Alexa with voice monkey, send push notifications and then turnoff the lights in a sequence over a period of time.  

TM03
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine was basic light on with motion, light off when motion stops after 1min.
I removed Arlo from SmartThings, added Arlo Alexa skill and created the routines in Alexa