Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

hoicju
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi. I have a problem integrating Smartthings and Arlo. I took a screen recording to show the problem: http://youtu.be/WscnGEcJos4. The biggest problem is that now Smarthings is not receiving information from the motion sensor in Arlo cameras and my automation no longer works.
8112EC25-8801-41AC-9AE7-4084E6E677AE.png
Best answers
  • Arlbroke
    Guide
    Guide

Mine started working yesterday.  I had to unlink and relink the Arlo account to Smartthings.  I also had to redo the smartlighting automations in Smartthings.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing your feedback, I have notified the Development team & we are working on a release for early next week. I will be sure to update you as soon as I hear more!

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. The issue with the Arlo SmartThings integration and not receiving alerts should now be resolved. You do not need to relink your devices, you should now be receiving your automation alerts.

464 REPLIES 464
70sMuscle
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system started working without any action on my part.  Try adding a new simple 'test' automation.

ATXScott
Guide
Guide
I tried that. Motion detected on camera… Turn on porch light. Nothing…
Arlbroke
Guide
Guide

About a week ago I had to de-link and re-link the Arlo account in Smartthings.   After de-linking I deleted all of the automations in Smartthings and then deleted all of the Arlo cameras in Smartthings.  Relinked the account and rebuild the automations.  The latest fix a day or so ago...I didn't have to do anything.  If you didn't delete the cameras in Smartthings after de-linking the Arlo account...I guessing the automation you set up maybe using one of the phantom cameras from the original  link which won't work.

JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo has marked the issue as "Solved". Motion was working, last night.
ATXScott
Guide
Guide
I’ve deleted the cameras from SmartThings and readded. Is this in effect delinking Arlo? Or is there something else I need to do to delink?

I’ve also deleted automations and redid them without effect.
JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice

No.  You have to remove the Arlo integration from ST.  Go to Menu -> Settings (gear icon) -> Linked Services -> 3 vert. dots, and select Delete.  Click on the "-" next to Arlo.  That will remove the integration.  

Next, check to make sure all of your cameras are gone from the ST app.  Delete any "phantom" cameras.

Hard-close the ST, and reopen it.  Click the "+" sign to Add, click "Device".  If you're lucky, you might be presented with an option to re-link Arlo, but Arlo should be an option in the list, even if you have to search for it.

paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice
SmartThings just notified me that all my Arlo cameras are not receiving events, and sure enough, all my cameras stopped reporting motion events and battery % sometime yesterday late morning.

I'm about to rip them all down and throw them in the trash. 🤬
ATXScott
Guide
Guide
Thank you! That finally did it.
ATXScott
Guide
Guide
Yeah, apparently by re-linking my account to get SmartThings to work, my grandfathered free saving of recordings for my 3 old cameras stopped working. So now I have to pay for a subscription. Lovely.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ATXScott wrote:
Yeah, apparently by re-linking my account to get SmartThings to work, my grandfathered free saving of recordings for my 3 old cameras stopped working. So now I have to pay for a subscription. Lovely.

Not convinced you are diagnosing that correctly.

Are you saying that paying for the subscription fixed the problem?  Or are you just thinking that it would?

ATXScott
Guide
Guide

I logged into my.arlo.com and it immediately said I didn't have a subscription. That never happened before when I logged into that site. So I went ahead and paid for a subscription and now the app works, and all my saved videos are back. So, yes, paying for the subscription fixed the problem.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ATXScott wrote:

I logged into my.arlo.com and it immediately said I didn't have a subscription. That never happened before when I logged into that site. So I went ahead and paid for a subscription and now the app works, and all my saved videos are back. So, yes, paying for the subscription fixed the problem.

So I guess the question is why it said that - I don't think that the smartthings integration feature itself requires a subscription. 

What cameras do you have?

ATXScott
Guide
Guide

Three Arlo Pro 4030s. Also an Arlo Floodlight. The Floodlight never allowed me to save/view my events without a subscription. But the Arlo Pro 4's have always worked without a subscription, until now.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ATXScott wrote:

Three Arlo Pro 4030s. Also an Arlo Floodlight. The Floodlight never allowed me to save/view my events without a subscription. But the Arlo Pro 4's have always worked without a subscription, until now.

The VMC4030 is the Pro, not the Pro 4.  The VMC4030P is the Pro 2.  Both have 7-day cloud storage w/o a subscription (the Pro 4 needs one for cloud storage, just like the floodlight).

Not sure if @JamesC can sort out why you got the subscription message all of a sudden.  AFAICT you shouldn't have.

JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice
IDK, but I think it depends on what other services you have installed in ST. I use IFTTT, and because of that, my automation controls might be different. I can create an automation to turn on a light with motion, and turn it off after a time-period. For example, I have a routine set to turn on my front porch light with motion from any of 3 Arlo cameras, and 1 Zooz motion sensor. That same routine has a provision (at the bottom) to turn the porch light off, after 7 minutes. Might be all ST, but it might also be part of the IFTTT service.