Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

hoicju
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi. I have a problem integrating Smartthings and Arlo. I took a screen recording to show the problem: http://youtu.be/WscnGEcJos4. The biggest problem is that now Smarthings is not receiving information from the motion sensor in Arlo cameras and my automation no longer works.
8112EC25-8801-41AC-9AE7-4084E6E677AE.png
Best answers
  • Arlbroke
    Guide
    Guide

Mine started working yesterday.  I had to unlink and relink the Arlo account to Smartthings.  I also had to redo the smartlighting automations in Smartthings.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing your feedback, I have notified the Development team & we are working on a release for early next week. I will be sure to update you as soon as I hear more!

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. The issue with the Arlo SmartThings integration and not receiving alerts should now be resolved. You do not need to relink your devices, you should now be receiving your automation alerts.

464 REPLIES 464
paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS  - you're still merging newly created topics for this issue with this thread, but for the last month, you refuse to comment in this thread with any kind of updates for everyone after you lied and declared the issue resolved. 

Why and what are you hiding? Do your job, man.

BxBillBx
Star
Star
Noticed while looking at one of my cameras playing the live feed triggered motion but there was no motion happening. Pressed stop/play a couples times and each time it triggered motion. Some kind of glitch. Not happening now though.

ARLO FIX YOUR CRAP!
YOU ADVERTISE IT WORKS WITH OTHER DEVICES AND DOES NOT!
LivesInThought
Guide
Guide
Its sad that a vendor would ignore so many people talking about switching away from their products. I would've thought they would be all about providing a fix or at least recruiting folks to help out. Has anyone looked into Reolink or Eufy Cameras?
arlomike
Star
Star
Honestly this pretty sad that there is lack of communication and explanation to something that has been broken for 3 months. There's something called rollback but they decide to roll forward or lack of rolling.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your patience while we identified the issue with the SmartThing integration. An update to address this will be coming very soon. The fix is scheduled for this week, I will be sure to update this thread as soon as the update is released to production.

JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks Shayne!

When the update drops, will motion events to SmartThings just start working, or will we have to go through the whole process of removing the integration, deleting the app, reinstalling the app, etc?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JBKerner

I will be able to verify that information/post an update here as soon as the fix has been deployed. 

devilworks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally the motion detection is working again today. It just started working without the needs to updating the integration.

Still keeping my Alexa routine just in case it stop working again after two weeks just like before 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. The issue with the Arlo SmartThings integration and not receiving alerts should now be resolved. You do not need to relink your devices, you should now be receiving your automation alerts.

paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS - wrong again. Still no motion from Arlo cameras in SmartThings and still no cameras battery % updates.

Tseyvar
Star
Star
My cameras still don't send motion events to smartthings. I tested them this morning by walking around my house before sunrise. There were no routines triggered, no pistons triggered and there isn't any events in the smartthings history section for any of my Arlo lights or Arlo pro 2 cameras. I have 7 lights and 11 cameras.
Lucky85
Guide
Guide

Shayne, sorry but no. I went into Smartthings Groovy IDE site. as of 9:15am (EST) 3/10/2022 it shows last activity recorded on any of my Arlo devices (4 cameras) was 21 hours ago. This is the same for every camera and the base station. Looks like whatever you did 21 hours ago shut down all communications from Arlo to Smartthings.

jerllouk
Tutor
Tutor
My cameras were unresponsive in the Arlo app this morning, I had to disable and enable them and they started giving me motion alerts. My routine however did not fire, so I checked them and there were no triggers. I had to re-add the cameras as triggers and it's working now.
Millsjq
Star
Star

My three cameras are now working normally with motion for the 1s time since November.  I would suggest, unlinking with SmartThings,  go to IDE and make sure they were deleted in ST.  Then relink 

DaWeav
Guide
Guide

Same here, Arlo camera motion notifications are getting to SmartThings now and I didn't even have to re-link the Arlo linked service integration as advised.

Lucky85
Guide
Guide

That is what I had to do, drop everything in IDE, re-add all the cameras and now I am getting motion alerts in Smartthings.

Thanks for getting this eventually fixed.

JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice
My test automation in ST suddenly sprang to life this morning! It wasn't working as of 10pm last night, when I put the trash out. If you're still not getting motion in ST, you might need to wait awhile before it starts working. If you haven't already done so, you need to delete the Arlo integration in SmartThings, and then remove any "phantom" cameras in ST. Go to Settings/Apps/Arlo, and hit "Force stop". Then go into Storage, and hit "Clear Data". Go back once, and hit "Uninstall". Exit out of settings. Go to the Play Store, and reinstall stall the Arlo app.. Go back to SmartThings, and add your Arlo system.
Arlogenus
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo cameras do not provide motion notifications to Samsung Smartthings app and therefore cannot be used in automations. Broke in Dec 2021 and STILL BROKE. Get useless chatter when I call into Arlo tech support form people who are clueless. Pay $14.99 a month for 4 k video and support and they keep blabbing that it's the highest priority but it's been broke for 3 months! Arlo tech is incompetent and gives canned answers instead of help. Time to move on from Arlo and foreign technicians who do nothing but chatter at you.
Lucky85
Guide
Guide

You might try as an alternative to above:

Go to the Groovy IDE site:  https://graph.api.smartthings.com/

Select your location

Go to devices, click on each camera and at the bottom select Delete. Also delete the base station.

Go back into the Smartthings App and  reintegrate with Arlo.

I also went back to the site above and selected and edited each camera. Under Type (default is "place holder") I then selected either Arlo Pro, Arlo Q or Arlo Pro Basestation Alarm. 

All working now with this. You can actually see it in the site if you click on a device and click on Events List. It will show each activation of motion, sound, etc.

jerllouk
Tutor
Tutor
...Aaaaaand mine quit working again. Worked for a few hours this morning now it's not.
Millsjq
Star
Star

My three camera all worked great this morning.  Then not at all two hours ago, now only occasionally.  I hope Arlo tech support is monitoring this and has the understanding that it is NOT fixed

Wilburdoo
Guide
Guide
My Arlo app is now freaking out as well. Getting constant motion notifications on 3/6 cameras and there isn't any motion. I can no longer see any recorded videos either. A reboot of the systems fixes it for about 10 minutes.
paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Typical Arlo - push out a failed "fix" for one issue, and break 5 more things in the process.

Wilburdoo
Guide
Guide
The constant notifications has subsided. I only rebooted the Arlo hub a dozen times. I'll attempt re-linking to Smartthings later this evening, and see what happens. Definitely won't be removing the Alexa routines anytime soon.
Tseyvar
Star
Star

I had to relink my account for the notifications to start working. There's no way I want to keep relinking my account to Smartthings. Every time I have to relink my account I have to fix quite a few Webcore pistons.