Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Vipassana
Follower
Follower

Purchased Arlo Q assuming it would integrate with Smartthings via base as my Arlo wire free cameras do ... apparently not. Why not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vipassana,

Currently SmartThings integration is only available to Arlo Wire-Free cameras. I do not have any information on when/if it will become available to Arlo Q/Q Plus at this time.

For more information on SmartThings, take a look here: What is Samsung SmartThings, and how do I use it with my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vipassana,

Currently SmartThings integration is only available to Arlo Wire-Free cameras. I do not have any information on when/if it will become available to Arlo Q/Q Plus at this time.

For more information on SmartThings, take a look here: What is Samsung SmartThings, and how do I use it with my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

hersee
Initiate
Initiate

Just adding my voice to the wish that ArloQ is added to the smartthings integration.

kev001
Guide
Guide

please add.  I am also keen on this integration

NotAgile
Initiate
Initiate
Lots of consumer will assume the Arlo Q has the same feature set as the Arlo wireless. I also would appreciate this feature.
beckettpauln
Guide
Guide
I am one of the consumers who assumed the Arlo Q has the same SmartThings integration!!! 😞

I have just purchased 4 Arlo Q cameras and I was devasted to find out that upon logging into Arlo via SmartThings the Arlo Q was not recognised.

SmartThings have suggested integration will happen in January 2017!?!?

Please can you confirm that Arlo Q integration is planned in the UK as well the US.

If not I will return my purchases as I don't want to be stuck with devices, no matter how good, that don't integrate with SmartThings!
Wademang
Tutor
Tutor

One more from a guy who bought an arlo q assuming it would just like the pro. Let's make it happen captain. 

beckettpauln
Guide
Guide
beckettpauln
Guide
Guide
I'll try that link again: https://community.smartthings.com/t/arlo-q-integration-with-smartthings/68079

According to SmartThings Arlo Q integration should arrive in January 2017.
eddie2ooo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have purchased Arlo Q after purchasing Wire-Free thinking the integration would be easy. Misinformed... Especially after reading this article, which clearly has an image of Arlo Q... http://www.wegotserved.com/2016/09/01/netgear-arlo-and-samsung-smartthings-become-firm-friends

idahoski
Tutor
Tutor

I use IFTTT and a virtual switch in Smartthings to arm and disarm my Arlo Q.  It seems to work fairly well so far.  I've been using the same to integrate Smartthings with other smart home devices such as Canary and Oco cameras.