Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
lucidmind
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried all of the following without success:

1) disabling and re-enabling skill for camera in Alexa

2) Deleting camera altogether from Alexa and re-discovering and then enabling skill in Alexa by connecting accounts

3) uninstalling and reinstalling Arlo app, followed by  step 2 above

4) changing wifi network

Note that Arlo camera is working fine in Arlo app and Alexa app is able to discover and connect to it but does not do live stream is still saying not supported

Best answers
  • JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

35 REPLIES 35
BrianKs
Guide
Guide

Having the same issue.  

BrianKs
Guide
Guide

Buy a different brand and connect it to Alexa.   Works great!  Or wait another year or so for feedback. 

EbeyIsland
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,  

Any updates yet?  

zicoclark
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m also having the same issue. Additionally, I’ve created an Alexa routine to turn on the porch lights when the Arlo doorbell detects movement and it never runs when I test it by approaching the doorbell.  I do get the notification of detecting motion on the Arlo app when I do this. Also, when I “play” the routine in the Alexa app it works correctly.

Still another issue is that I have both Motion announcement and Doorbell press announcement turned on in the Alexa Arlo skill, but neither announcement takes place on our Alexa Show when I approach the doorbell or press the doorbell.

Any suggestions?

zicoclark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Boy this forum is good! 😂 My routine is working now after more than a week of not doing so (never has worked prior. Also, the Motion and Doorbell press announcements are working on our Alexa Show now. I had made no changes. Still says “Live stream not supported”.

Batman7349
Tutor
Tutor

Glad to hear your routines are working, how about seeing a live stream on Alexa?

zicoclark
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think my correct answer is no. If I ask our Alexa Show to “show the doorbell”, it does bring up video and audio on the screen. But it never opens up automatically if someone presses the doorbell button on the Arlo device. I also made an Alexa routine that uses the doorbell button press trigger to (1) announce that someone is at the door and (2) have Alexa to SAY “show the doorbell”. If I play this routine in the Alexa app everything works and the doorbell camera opens on our Alexa Show. But in real life, if I press the doorbell, Alexa makes the announcement but then says it had trouble with the device (I can’t remember the exact phrase). When this happens the Alexa Activity log has the following message.

BFB7B614-9BBC-42B1-81A8-9704E8D89B97.jpeg

I’m thinking this relates to the “Live Stream Not Supported” issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with live streaming? 

zicoclark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update.

A1tch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Searched for a fix for "live view not supported" after my being able to view a live feed on any of my Echo shows (8 and 5).

Reinstalled device, disabled/ enabled Alexa skill.

This was previously working a while ago. 

This feature is still supposed to be available?