Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Removed Functionality with New(er) Smartthings Integration

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
JasonMeudt
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears that the new(er) Smartthings integration removed some much needed integration, specifically the use of the power switch, for the VMC3030.

While this capability was initially in there, when the new schema for integration was rolled out, the VMC3030 was missed for that specific capability.  Here is the Smartthings Announcement...

Thinking it was an oversight and would be fixed, I waited...and waited...and...  After seeing it mentioned ad nauseum in the Smartthings community, and seeing the Integration employees commenting on a variety of issues, I reached out directly, as instructed by Arlo , to Smartthings and finally got this reply, after having them tell me repeatedly, that it should be working...

We do apologized for the delayed response and would like to inform you that we were able to look into this issue. Unfortunately, Arlo has chose not to support the on/off feature for the VMC3030 cameras in their updated integration on the SmartThings platform. Please reach out to Arlo for support for any additional information and feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

Well, now I am reaching our to the Arlo community as there is no apparent way to email (??) Arlo support from their 'Contact Us' page.

Is this really the answer?  What was working is now being taken away, despite being usable in the past?  How can supporting existing devices mean just a subset of the functionality?

Today we are launching a new version of our Arlo integration, which adds support for more Arlo devices, improves stability, and reduces latency for faster viewing of your camera or video doorbell clips.  This new integration supports more of Arlo’s newest devices, as well as existing devices that were supported through the existing Groovy cloud-to-cloud integration.

If someone directly at Arlo could look into this and post directly on here that the original control functionality and usage is being removed and that is the final answer, with no further recourse, I would be appreciative.

Jason

1 REPLY 1
JasonMeudt
Aspirant
Aspirant

As a further note, Smartthings has now divested itself from the entire process in this smatter, referring me entirely to Arlo.

We do apologized for the inconvenience caused and would like to inform you that the Arlo has chose not to support the on/off feature for the VMC3030 cameras in their updated integration on the SmartThings platform. So we request you to please reach out to Arlo for support for any additional information and feedback.

For additional assistance with on/off feature for the VMC3030 cameras functionality, you'll need to reach out to the community on community.smartthings.com - the developers are active in the community. They'll help you with solving this integration and this is not official with the SmartThings app.

Well, I have done so. Arlo Team... can someone respond?