Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Receiving motion events to SmartThings when motion happens outside of activity zones?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Crazyb24
Star
Star

I have noticed a potential issue with the Arlo 4 Pro integration with Smartthings (ST). What I have seen is that the Arlo camera appears to be sending motion events to ST even when the motion occurs outside of the activity zone that has been set up on that camera. What ends up happening is that ST triggers an intrusion even though no such event has occurred in the Arlo app.

For example, a flag waving outside of the activity zone is continuously triggering intrusions in ST even though no video had been recorded in the Arlo app.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? If so, any solutions?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Crazyb24 wrote:
 If so, any solutions?

I don't use SmartThings.  

That said, powering the camera with AC is a workaround.  If you do that, the activity zones are processed inside the camera, and not in the Arlo Cloud.  

Crazyb24
Star
Star
Thanks for the info... I did not know that. Unfortunately wiring the cameras is not an option. My expectation is that, even in the cloud, that Arlo only send motion events to Smartthings that occur within the activity zone. Looks like a bug in their integration code. I will have to call support it appears.