Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
TravisPro3
Initiate
Initiate

Please integrate with Samsung Smartthings.  Incredibly annoying to have to switch back and forth between the smartthings hub and the Arlo app.  I also can't do any automations if they are separated.

I bought this product because the only camera integration was with the ARLO Pro 1 and my hope is that since 1 is there they will add the later generations of products.  

Integration with hubs = More purchases and new users.  It can't be that expensive to integrate.  

Travis

12 REPLIES 12
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

What is Samsung SmartThings, and how do I use it with my Arlo cameras?

How do I integrate my Arlo cameras into the Samsung SmartThings app?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Up_and_adam
Initiate
Initiate
Yes, please add the integration ASAP. Very frustrating to have invested this much in a product that doesn’t have the same integration as the older versions - completely unacceptable.
JDGACH
Initiate
Initiate

I agree.  It has been almost a year (by my estimation).  If integration is not going to happen; just confirm this so we can move on to another platform that does integrate with Smartthings or ditch Smartthings for something else.  IFTTT limits features and is not a fully functional work around.

zkengle
Guide
Guide

Just another shortcoming of Arlo.  Just bought a Pro 3 add-on camera, and took me forever to discover why I couldn't get it to show up in Smartthings.  So now, I have two old Arlo Pro cameras that work, but my brand new, supposedly more high-tech one does not.  What a joke.  Lack of action from Arlo is ridiculous.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@zkengle wrote:

Lack of action from Arlo is ridiculous.

It would be ridiculous if it were true.

You have already provided your own answer.

@zkengle wrote:

So now, I have two old Arlo Pro cameras that work, but my brand new, supposedly more high-tech one does not. 

As you have seen, these things come eventually. Did your Pro cameras also come out of the factory with this support on day one?

Support for Smartthings and stuff depends on third party operators to do their thing. My guess is that Arlo does not want to hold back the release of new devices that meet the needs of most people who do not want unnecessary, to them, bells and whistles.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Thor351
Tutor
Tutor

I am also requesting integration. I have spent lot of hours trying to get my first camera (essential) up and running with Smartthings. I finally broke down and asked Arlo for support. After a few emails and a telephone call I was told the Arlo Essential did not work with Smartthings. Tech support said I needed to use one of there legacy products like Arlo or Arlo Pro. I plan to return my Arlo Essential camera and I purchased two Arlo Pro 3 camera's with a hub. I found I get the same error as I did with my Essential camera. "Arlo is reporting that you do not own any devices on this account. First add devices in your Arlo account and rerun SmartThings" Unable to connect at this time. I started digging in and found that Pro 3 in not integrated either. I am not happy that I have to keep down grading my Arlo just to get it working. I can't imagine that Arlo can't fix this; it needs to move up on the priority list. I am really considering boxing everything up and shipping it back and buy a different camera system. I will start looking into other options as soon as I am done here. Very Disappointed! (twice)

dcfox1
Master
Master

I wish it would work with smartthings but I don't see the advantage with it that is worth downgrading cameras. But that is a personal preference. 

Mdterps
Apprentice
Apprentice
The new Arlo camera have just been added to smartthings. There are instructions on the smartthings community for how to add your new cameras (including pro 3, ultra and the video doorbell).
Thor351
Tutor
Tutor

I did some searching and didn't find anything about adding Arlo Pro 3 to ST. Do you have a link or some key words I can search for? maybe the date of the thread would help me find it.

Thank you in advance,

Mdterps
Apprentice
Apprentice
Try searching the smartthings community for:

new Arlo Schema Integration
Thor351
Tutor
Tutor

Mdterps, Thank you very much. I did find the thread and I was able to get my pro 3's connected. I will try the video door bell next. I am new to ST and Arlo so I don't miss some of the on/off features that people are saying is missing from the new version. I am just happy I have it connected and see what I can do with it.

Thank you again for pointing me in the correct direction

dcfox1
Master
Master

Here is the link just posted yesterday. It worked fine. 

https://community.smartthings.com/t/new-smartthings-schema-integration-for-arlo/210605