Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lost ability to automate on/off on camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
cabinlivin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a camera that has lost the ability to automate On or Off when something else occurs (in my case when a light goes on or off, I want certain cameras to go on/off.

It's only the VMC3030. the other 5 cameras are arlo pro and still have the option. Only option I have on this one camera is to record.

back story: I got a new phone, and some of the automations didn't translate over correctly, so rather than try and fix each one, I figured I'd just start over.  Well one camera is keeping me from succeeding. 

Anyone experience this?  Know how to fix it?

I called arlo and the only thing they could see is this one problem camera has a newer update than the other 6. Perhaps the new update forgot this camera version? needs an adjustment? maybe has nothing to do with it?

Hoping I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't help but it would be useful for others if you told us what automation you're using (IFTTT, Smarthings, etc.).

cabinlivin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great Suggestion jguerdat - I am using Samsung Smartthings app

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi cabinlivin,

We would suggest for you to contact the support team from Samsung SmartThings to assist you with this. You can check here: New SmartThings Schema Integration for Arlo

JasonMeudt
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears that this has been asked in the Smartthings community and here in the Arlo Community and no suuport staff have answered as of yet.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/on-off-function-for-arlo-camera-no-longer-availabe/233291

and 

https://community.smartthings.com/t/power-on-off-arlo-wire-free-cameras/219714/6

For example, my cameras do not have the availability for power on/off from within automations, yet they DO have the capability within, of all things, the Smart Lighting app.

Seems like a simple fix...